by loyabe

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT/A] Island Living: "Functional while off the grid" items don't work

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to any area with the lot trait "off the grid," buy an item in build mode marked "functional while off the grid," like the DIY shower from Strangerville. Then try to have your sim take a shower in it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Shower and bathing options are greyed out, and reads "Plumbing doesn't work off the grid."
What do you expect to see? Off-grid items functioning in an off-grid area
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Island Living DLC

Example given

OffGrid_pg1.jpg

OffGrid_pg2.jpg

Message 11 of 25 (1,430 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Island Living: "Functional while off the grid" ite

★ Pro

Its the, energized emotion. For some reason Sims can not shower when energized, as the option is missing.

Message 12 of 25 (1,356 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Island Living: "Functional while off the grid" ite

[ Edited ]
Hero

@lambcaey Merged your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 25 (1,345 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Off-Grid Living: Showers Not Working when energized

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 25 (1,328 Views)

★ Pro

This was not mentioned in the patch notes but appears to be fixed, my Sim now has the option to shower while energized.

Message 15 of 25 (6,223 Views)

★ Guide

Not fixed for me on PS4 though. I have no off the grid family of 6 & 3 people were just energized & 2 could shower while the 3rd got the "plumbing doesn't work off the grid" grey-out blocked bubble instead.

On a side note I am having a heck of a time finding help for my many game issues because all these bugs & issue reports are only ever posted for PC which always apply to me too. I don't know how to make or file reports of my own. How /where to begin filing whatever & trying to follow how this site runs is frankly confusing the ever living pants off me. Any help is appreciated. I right now have so many issues in my game it is broken to a point of not playing I've been trying to fix it for 4 days with no success. I stopped playing the PC version for the same unplayable reasons.

Message 16 of 25 (1,172 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Amalathea DId you check the console forum ?

For help with console issues it's best to post in the console forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/bd-p/the-sims-4-technical-issues-consoles-en

Most bugs for PC also apply to console so you can just post in all the PC threads saying you're seeing this on console.

Here's some explanations how AHQ works: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/Welcome-to-the-Sims-Section-of-AHQ/td-p/69...

Console hasn't had a patch so there will be issues that are still open for console but not for PC and those will be marked as fixed. Should those not get fixed on PC on the next console patch after the PC patch, just create a new thread for console.

If you have further questions about AHQ and how bug reporting works, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Information-Questions-about-the-bug-forum/td-p/636...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 25 (1,159 Views)

★★★★ Pro

This seems to be broken again.

Message 18 of 25 (1,049 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SqueamishNerd Could you create a fresh thread. Thanks

EDIT: Still works fine for me. Is it energized mood for you on all showers or only certain ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 25 (1,043 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict I noticed it with the DU wall shower, I’m not sure if there are other showers as well.
Message 20 of 25 (999 Views)