Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Off-Grid Living: Showers Not Working when energized

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs, all stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Nothing special going on with my game right now, so just buy the shower off-grid and try to use it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are unable to use showers that are noted "functional while off grid", including the shower added with the Island Living Expansion.
What do you expect to see? If the shower is noted that it works while off-grid, it ought to work off-grid. If it won't, don't note it as such.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent patch that added off-grid lot trait.

The screenshots attached show the shower from Island Living. (I tried the outdoor living shower as well, with the same results)

Message 6 of 25 (6,050 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Off-Grid Living: Showers Not Working when energized

★ Pro

This was not mentioned in the patch notes but appears to be fixed, my Sim now has the option to shower while energized.

View in thread

Message 15 of 25 (6,228 Views)

All Replies

Re: Off Grid Living: Cannot brush teeth

★ Pro

My Off the Grid lot Sim, is using the Cru Cabinet Sink, she has the option to and can clean her teeth.

I am wondering if there is a hidden water limit, as my Sim very rarely has the option to take a shower in the morning when she gets up. I kept buying new showers when it first happened but the option was never there, later in the day it reappeared, so i would check your sink later to see if it reappears.

Message 1 of 25 (6,076 Views)

Hero
@loyabe The shower seems to be non-functional if you're in energized mood.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 25 (6,070 Views)

★ Pro

My Sim does have the active trait. She must wake up energised everyday. Is the energised unable to shower intentional? 

Message 3 of 25 (6,058 Views)

Hero
@loyabe I don't know. Feel free to report it as bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 25 (6,041 Views)

★ Pro

I can not report as bug, i could maybe, me to if you did. Every time i try, it is beings switched to ask a question, which fails.

Message 5 of 25 (6,008 Views)

Hero
@loyabe Maybe someone else will. I don't have time atm. AHQ is a bit wonky atm.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 25 (5,998 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Off Grid Showers Not Working

Hero
@ArybellaHope There should be a special interaction for off-grid called quick-shower. The issue is that it doesn't show up when the Sim is in energized mood.

Was your Sim energized ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 25 (6,014 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I believe they were. Thank you!

Message 9 of 25 (6,005 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ArybellaHope Could still potentially be a bug. Keeping this open.

@loyabe So someone did make a report. Moved your posts over.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 25 (5,993 Views)