Off The Grid unusable since nothing can be cleaned

by Beardedgeek72

Original Post

Off The Grid unusable since nothing can be cleaned

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest as of 30 / 6 -19
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, as of 30 / 6 -19
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Live on a lot with Off The Grid lot trait.
What happens when the bug occurs? Appliances that supposedly work with the trait cannot be cleaned or refilled. Examples: Toilet gets dirty, cannot clean it. Sink gets dirty, cannot clean it. Wash tub gets used once, then water cannot be changed so never usable again.
What do you expect to see? I expect that all items (say toilets or sinks) that are usable with the Off The Grid trait can actually be cleaned or re-used.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It seems to me that whoever came up with this trait has not thought it thru. At all. Or was extremely rushed. Or just didn't know that items in the game gets dirty, which seems highly unlikely.

There is no logical reason why a sink that you can pour water from the tap from, cannot be used to clean well... the very same sink. Same with toilets. Etc.

This must be the least tested lot trait so far in the game, these are first day stuff. These issues should have been found within the first hour of testing.

The only mod I have active atm is MCCC (fully updated). I disabled it, didn't help

Message 11 of 16 (1,644 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Off Grid Living: Can't clean dirty plumbing

★★★ Apprentice

I was able to get my sims to clean a dirty off-the-grid toilet by using the “Tidy up” away interaction on a sim who stayed home whilst I was playing another sim on a different lot. Don’t know if it works for all dirty objects and obviously it only works for households with multiple sims, but perhaps a small workaround for people who don’t want to use a cheat.

Message 12 of 16 (1,546 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Off Grid Living: Can't clean dirty plumbing

★★★ Newbie
@crinrictloyabe At first I loathed off the grid and yes things didn't work plus I had barely any packs so it was even more limited. I got a few packs including Laundry Day. Fixed up Cadena Camp I think it is on Sulani in Island living. the one right near the volcano. I flipped it to a lot with value of $72,000 0r so and off the grid. the sinks you can't get water from, but yet you can quickly wash hands or quickly brush teeth which seems a bit weird. My fridge works for a few things and oddly city living recipes you get from festivals. I also put in a vending type machine and can get soda, sandwich and a few things but the microwave stuff obviously. I have a wall radio that works which is odd, batteries maybe? A bar that is fully functional and working toilet with flush, shower and my washtub works too. ok I will say I have a mod added so I can use things like the washtub etc more than once. I only got the mod because the off the grid was initially broken at first. I use the waterfall to shower which works quite well for hygiene or I'll travel to a place with showers etc and use them, eat from food stalls too, plus I have the bake cupcake mod too. doesn't work for al cupcakes but suprisingly some. I complained at first but have adapted my gameplay and ways around it. I kinda think that was the devs point maybe? I do however agree the toilet/shower and washtub think should be fixed without having to resort to a mod as well as having more cooking options, plus the campfire in outdoor retreat or th one from Get Famous be made to be useable. but for those who don't wish to use mods then it should be fixed. If requested and can give the link for the water mod which I found via forums.
Message 13 of 16 (1,518 Views)

Re: Off The Grid unusable since nothing can be cleaned

★★★ Newbie
@Beardedgeek72 I must say I have to agree. I don't think we should have to resort to modding to make something that was intended for normal play useable. yes I have mods on, but only because otherwise things are broken with this trait.
Message 14 of 16 (1,516 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I agree as well. I was initially excited to try this new trait and it was the first thing I tried. I made it four days before I simply couldn't stand trying to work around all the things that didn't work. I must say the laundry washtub and the inability to clean the toilet was most distressing. To me, there is no point if I have to go to another lot to do things because I can't play my home lot with this trait. So now I just won't use it. I can let the power be turned off and play nicely without all the hassle.

Message 15 of 16 (1,452 Views)

Hero

Sims can now clean dirty sinks that work Off the Grid

Fixed in Patch 1.54.120

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 16 (12,160 Views)