Message 61 of 109 (2,518 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Objects in the street cannot be moved or deleted

EA Staff

@123w4 Thank you very much!

Message 62 of 109 (2,503 Views)

EA Staff

@123w4 An additional question for you Standard smile

Do you use any mods or custom content in your game?

Thanks!

Message 63 of 109 (2,492 Views)

★ Guide

Having the same issue in Newcrest:

The place it's occurring is behind the Sandy Run lot.

@crinrictUnfortunately the MTS debug mod doesn't help. If "destroy" option is used on a dish, it will remove the food (if there is any), but will leave the dish.

I guess I'll try the trashcan head method.

Message 64 of 109 (2,483 Views)

Hero

I found that on some objects the Debug: Claim Ownership cheat on the mod helps sometimes

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 65 of 109 (2,479 Views)

Junk Everywhere! Everywhere!

★★ Apprentice

I've been finding a lot of Junk on the non-lots that can't be removed, and by junk I mean plates, cups, bowls, beakers, all the little things that are randomly generated when a Sim eats or tinkers with a chemistry set.  Some of the objects can be clicked on and the pop-up that says "Throw Away" is grayed out.  In other cases, I cannot interact with the object at all.  Because the items are not on a lot, the traditional "move objects" cheat does not work.

This is not a game breaking bug, I suppose, but it is very annoying as the junk just keeps piling up.  When I click "repair game", the items sometime disappear, but not always.

Any suggestions?

~~ Valnatron

Message 66 of 109 (2,456 Views)

★ Guide

I finally got around to trying to trash bin head method, and it works. :eahigh_file: Although I'd like to mention what one needs to "set as head" is an indoor trash can, not an outdoor one. An outdoor one allowed my sim to gather the trash, but he would dump it on the ground as a pile afterwards. Meanwhile, an indoor trash can allowed him to throw dishes into it.

Message 67 of 109 (2,449 Views)

Re: Junk Everywhere! Everywhere!

Hero

@Valnatronwrote:

I've been finding a lot of Junk on the non-lots that can't be removed, and by junk I mean plates, cups, bowls, beakers, all the little things that are randomly generated when a Sim eats or tinkers with a chemistry set.  Some of the objects can be clicked on and the pop-up that says "Throw Away" is grayed out.  In other cases, I cannot interact with the object at all.  Because the items are not on a lot, the traditional "move objects" cheat does not work.

This is not a game breaking bug, I suppose, but it is very annoying as the junk just keeps piling up.  When I click "repair game", the items sometime disappear, but not always.

Any suggestions?

~~ Valnatron

Merged your post

Could you provide your save folder as @EA_Kristi requested. Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 68 of 109 (2,441 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@ju1ka wrote:

I finally got around to trying to trash bin head method, and it works. :eahigh_file: Although I'd like to mention what one needs to "set as head" is an indoor trash can, not an outdoor one. An outdoor one allowed my sim to gather the trash, but he would dump it on the ground as a pile afterwards. Meanwhile, an indoor trash can allowed him to throw dishes into it.

@ju1ka
is right this worked !!!

Message 69 of 109 (2,300 Views)

★★★ Expert

Easy way to clean up all of the junk off lot.

Press CTRL+SHIFT+C all at the same time.

Type TESTINGCHEATS ON

Press ENTER

SHIFT+CLICK on the misplaced junk.

Choose (DEBUG) DESTROY OBJECT.

Click in the cheat console that is still open.

Type TESTINGCHEATS OFF

Press ENTER

Press ESC to close the console.

Message 70 of 109 (2,232 Views)