[FIXED] Objects in the street cannot be moved or deleted

by Qattusa

Original Post

Plate Stuck on Sidewalk

★ Novice

I have a dirty plate stuck on the sidewalk next to one of my houses.  It's not actually on their property but rather on public land next to it.  They can't do anything with it.  I've tried to grab it and drag it or delete it and it tells me I need a sink or trash can to clean it up.  I've tried the hammer and got the same thing (Wouldn't mind a set of those in RL, that's what I call unbreakable, lol).  I've tried resetting it and still can't get rid of it.  I've moved the house to my library and put it back, it's still there.  I'm thinking it first got there right after I installed the Outdoor Expansion.

Message 21 of 109 (44,670 Views)

Re: Plate Stuck on Sidewalk

★ Guide

I have a similar issue but it's in the Forgotten Grotto zone. At the entrance there is a flower cart and there's plates on it that I can't interact with. It keeps saying you need a sink. It's impossible to select in build mode either. 

Message 22 of 109 (44,665 Views)

Re: Objects Error - Dirty dishes in the street cannot be moved or deleted

Hero

@trc915 Merged with existing thread. Don't think there's an actual solution to this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 109 (44,646 Views)

Urn on the sidewalk

★★★ Newbie

One of my sims died right in front of the house. His urn is on the sidewalk and it won't let me grab it. Now he stays around as a ghost destroying all of my stuff. -.- How do I grab onto the urn?

Message 24 of 109 (44,614 Views)

Re: Urn on the sidewalk

Hero

Hi @Miranda_Bray

I don't think there's a way to get rid of those things on the sidewalk.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 109 (44,607 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm running into a similar problem. On my lot, next to the wall, there's a set of six...somethings. I think they were supposed to be hamburgers, but they're on the ground mid cooking, and rotten. this gives my sim an unhappy moodlet, yet I cannot clean them up with the sim, cannot move them and cannot destroy them with the hammer.

Message 26 of 109 (44,585 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had this problem when I tried spawning in fruits for my garden.  They spawned off of my lot so I wasn't able to plant them but after fooling around for a bit I found a way to get them on my lot so I could plant them (I'm assuming that this will work the same for dishes)
1. CTRL + SHIFT + C

2. Enter "testingcheats on"

3. Hold down SHIFT while left-clicking on the item

4. Select "set as head" (make sure your active sim is on their lot while doing this)

5. Hold down SHIFT while left-clicking on your active sim (your item should show up as your sims head which is actually quite hilarious)

6. Select "reset object (debug)" and the object you want to get rid of should appear beside your sim so you can then go ahead and get rid of it

I hope this helps anyone who stumbles upon this problem! Standard smile

Message 27 of 109 (44,470 Views)

★★★ Novice
Having this same issue and it's driving me insane. The steps above didn't seem to work either, it cloned the dirty dishes instead of moving them to my lot.
Message 28 of 109 (44,435 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem now

Message 29 of 109 (44,325 Views)

★★ Novice
Hi!

I realize this is an older thread but for anyone still needing help I found the below trick to make objects outside a lot usable

Testingcheats true
Shift click object - set as head
Have sim walk onto lot
Click object (currently on your Sims head)
Reset object

Basically make the object your head then have your sim go to the lot you want to use it on and reset the object
Message 30 of 109 (44,296 Views)