[FIXED] Objects in the street cannot be moved or deleted

by Qattusa

Original Post

Re: [EP03 City Living] Abandoned Guitars

Hero

Do they disappear after a while or stay forever ?

@NoahLGP @EuphorialQueen

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 81 of 109 (6,510 Views)

Re: Violin dropped on street

★★★★★ Novice

ive had this happen with a dj booth, left behind just outside the inside basketball court entrance. i got CL on thanksgiving and its been sitting there since black friday. when i get sick of looking at it i'll just use destroy object cheat. its kinda out of the way except for the bar at the spice festival sits just behind it. so im not woried about it, just passing on the info.

Message 82 of 109 (6,502 Views)

★ Apprentice
I know this is a very older thread, but one of my sims left a tablet out on one of the picnic tables on a lot and I can't delete it or anything. I can use it, but cannot put in inventory. Not entirely sure how to delete it.
Message 83 of 109 (6,426 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I just wanted to add to this:

My sim had a violin in her inventory and I had her play it. She played it in the hall just outside of her apartment and when I had her stop she set it down on the ground in the hall. I can no longer move the violin, though my sim can still play it.

Thankfully it doesn't seem horribly peculiar since my sim does live in the arts quarter.

Message 84 of 109 (6,418 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Objects in the street cannot be moved or deleted

★★★★ Novice

Hey,
I have a problem with the new Mystical Magic Bean Portal Tree.

My house did not have enough space in the yard, so I placed the stump next to my house, outside of the lot. The stump has a opinion to "Place in the world", and I used it.
And then I gathered the beans and the tree grew and now I can't pick it up anymore. Its outside the lot, so I cant move or use hammer tool to remove it.

I thought there might be a code to remove it, so I let it be and saved normally, but now I looked up and can't find a way to get rid of the tree. And I have already saved my game long ago, so I cant just leave without saving... :/

And thinking of the future; If it really cant be deleted if placed outside the lot, I hope the game makers wouldnt make items which can get stuck like that in the first place.

Message 85 of 109 (6,348 Views)

Hero

Have you tried if the set has head trick works ? Set it as head then go back to the lot and release it there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 86 of 109 (6,315 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@handelesTo solve this problem try using the following cheats: "testingcheats true" ; "bb.enablefreebuild" and "bb.moveobjects on"

Click on the tree with [Shift] pressed and delete it.

You need to use all these cheats in this sequence to make it work!! Wink 

Message 87 of 109 (6,307 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the one with the tablet stuck on a public bench; I have tried to set as head, but it creates a copy of the object. Nor does having "testingcheats true" ; "bb.enablefreebuild" and "bb.moveobjects on" on help as well. Not entirely sure what to do to fix it if neither of them work.

Message 88 of 109 (6,287 Views)

Hero

If you're not opposed to mods you can try the mod that enables the extra debug cheats. There's some options that might help

Make sure to use the one in the comments (can't link, use google for debug cheat) cause the other is outdated.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 89 of 109 (6,282 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Setting as head did not work, as it just dublicated the item. Cheats did not work because item was outside the lot.

I downloaded the debug script mod, and with it I destroyed the tree!  :eahigh_file:Heart

Message 90 of 109 (6,252 Views)