[FIXED] Objects in the street cannot be moved or deleted

by Qattusa

Original Post

Re: Objects Error - Dirty dishes in the street cannot be moved or deleted

★ Apprentice

I've had a dirty plate on the side walk for a couple of months now.  Two different Sims families have lived in the house, but it stays.  I cannot click on it, using any cheat.   I thought for certain it would clear up when the first family moved.

Message 91 of 109 (2,386 Views)

★ Novice

I don't get any options when I try to select  the dish, whether I hold down shift+click+C or any combination or any one of those keys.

Message 92 of 109 (2,369 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @gardenerbear @LillyPutian

Would either of you be willing to share save files with this issue?

If so, instructions are here.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 93 of 109 (2,350 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sure.  Which files would you be looking for exactly?

Message 94 of 109 (2,340 Views)

Hero

Hi @LillyPutian

best is to zip your saves folders and upload that. Then let @SimQARobo know which save game he needs to load and which family.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 95 of 109 (2,333 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Thank you, @SimQARobo  and crinrit.   One zip is too large, so I will upload it with the widget.  Any of the save games will have the plate since I currently only play one game.  I'm attaching a picture that I took from build mode where you can see the plate.  It's on the sidewalk at Crick Cabana in Willow Creek.  Currently, no Sim lives there. 

Message 96 of 109 (2,326 Views)

EA Sims Team

@LillyPutian

We have the files now.  Thank you!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 97 of 109 (2,298 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having this problem with a Trash Can but am glad the we can go back to previous save dates because that's how I'm going to solve the issue. It started with the plate thing, where one of my sims was clearing dishes and cancelled the task autonomously. Then I did the set as head thing with the kitchen bin, and all goes well until, without my instruction to reset, the bin resets itself before the plates are cleared. Now, the trash pile had changed so I was able to throw it away, however, the enlarged trash can remains just outside the lot boundary.

i do have a solution of going back to a previous save in the file, so don't really need help with this. I just thought I'd share my experience, and wondered if anyone else has had it happen in this way or similarly. Although I did make it through several Sim Days worth of gameplay without saving before this happened, I honestly don't mind going back as there are some things I could do differently with the 'Plot'. With this mind, I would recommend saving as soon as you notice any kind of problematic object, be it plates or books or cups, before trying out the option, as it's easier to go back a save step if anything goes awry, like the bin thing.

Message 98 of 109 (2,253 Views)

Tree stuck outside my lot

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the expansion packs, all the game pack minus vampires and all of the stuff pack minus toddler stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This bug is specific to my game but I know other users have issues with items ending up in the sim world not in their lot. This lot is in Newcrest and it is the 30x30 (which I love).
What happens when the bug occurs? I open my game and load the lot and the magic bean tree is on the path outside the house and won't go away. I have bulldozed the lot and placed different houses, moved the family and it is still there. I have removed mods, and repaired the game as well.
What do you expect to see? I would expect to see the tree on my lot and not on the path (but I don't want the tree on my lot anyway).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I know this is game specific for me (sorry), but any ideas on how to get rid of it? I wouldn't bother so much except it is the only 30x30 lot in Newcrest and I love the house I am using for the family. Thank you in advance Standard smile.

Message 99 of 109 (2,152 Views)

Re: Tree stuck outside my lot

Hero

Hi @Emma_W95

I have merged your post with exiting thread.

There's a few ideas you can try in this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 100 of 109 (2,137 Views)