Re: Can't delete bench off grid in front of house

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Objects Error - Dirty dishes in the street cannot be moved or deleted

★★ Novice

So i have a bassinet stuck on the sidewalk in front of my house and i followed your steps and it worked! or so i thought!!! now i have another baby, but it has no name and doesn't look like the original baby. i realized this was NOT my baby AFTER taking care of it! my actual baby is still down on the sidewalk. i aged my infant up to toddler so she could be inside but now i have this bizarro baby in my house. i am so creeped out right now. on the bright side, i can follow your instructions probably forever and keep making the $150 for selling the bassinet! i'm going to try to delete the creepy baby, but it's not showing up as part of my family either. i'm not sure i will be able to get rid of it.

Message 101 of 109 (3,611 Views)

Hero

Hi @MOFOlellis

did you buy the crib through the debug menu or was it spawned outside your lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 102 of 109 (3,604 Views)

★★ Novice

When my sims had their baby they came home and that was where the crib was.

Message 103 of 109 (3,586 Views)

Hero

Then I'd say, that was the main issue. That should not have happened. The game probably treated the crib like the debug items afterwards, hence the invisible baby.

If you have a backup, I would try loading that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 104 of 109 (3,582 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks! I do not have a backup unfortunately. Do you think if I removed that lot and replaced with a new one, it would correct itself?

Message 105 of 109 (3,577 Views)

Hero

Hi @MOFOlellis

since the crib is off-lot, probably not but it doesn't hurt to try. You can als try the debug mod. Maybe you can delete stuff with that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 106 of 109 (3,570 Views)

Can't delete bench off grid in front of house

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get to work, get together, city living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I hit set as head by mistake on a bench and the bench went off the grid when I reset the sim
What happens when the bug occurs? I cant delete the bench off the grid in front of the house.
What do you expect to see? the bench gone
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

please help me
i cant delete furniture outside the house

Message 107 of 109 (3,525 Views)

Hero

Hi @ellieruccia

merged your threads

There's a few suggestions in this one. 

Since you are using mods, try the debug mod.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 108 of 109 (3,519 Views)

Hero

Using the Set as Head cheat on an object, routing off lot, and then using the Reset Sim cheat will now properly clean up the duplicated object, rather than leave it in an unreachable location off lot.
  • That couch yours?
    • Yep, wore it on my head.
  • How about the hot tub?
    • Yep, headdress.
  • The end table?
    • Look, they are all mine, OK? The end table, the bookshelf, the treadmill, the DJ Booth, the guitar, all of them, OK?! I wore all of them on my head! Are you happy now?
  • The toilet too?

Most of the posts in this thread was about the cheat. Because of this, I'm going to mark this as fixed

Because of this and because this thread doesn't have the new bug template, I'm going to lock it.

If you still experience this issue, please open a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 109 of 109 (10,873 Views)