Re: [OPEN] Objects in the street cannot be moved or deleted

by 123w4

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Yes. I get to either debug or set as head. Debug does nothing and set as head does that but the original one stays on the sidewalk. When I debug the one set as head I just end up with a extra beaker that is huge. I've also tried the process that is recommended were you set a trash can as head and debug it beside whatever you're trying to clean up but even with the trashcan beside it  I still can't click on it.

Message 51 of 109 (3,260 Views)

★★ Guide

I personally find it entertaining to decorate zones (neighborhoods) using the 'packing crate' mod which I've located recently. If you place a trash can near to your lot at a location where it isn't unsightly then the walk-bys will cleanup the mess autonomously. You should also be able to click on those items however your sim will return to the lot to dispose of them even if you click on a can which you've placed is outside of the lot boundaries.

Message 52 of 109 (3,248 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@bionicdesserts wrote:

Yes. I get to either debug or set as head. Debug does nothing and set as head does that but the original one stays on the sidewalk. When I debug the one set as head I just end up with a extra beaker that is huge. I've also tried the process that is recommended were you set a trash can as head and debug it beside whatever you're trying to clean up but even with the trashcan beside it  I still can't click on it.

If you're not opposed to mods, you can try the Enable advanced debug/cheat interactions by scumbobo over at Modthesims.

It adds extra debug options one of which is: Destroy object to the objects. This should delete them. Use at your own risk though and backup your files before you do as the mod has not been commented on by the creator in quite some time. Comments suggest that it's still compatible though.

I have not tested this myself though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 109 (3,245 Views)

★★ Guide

20 game hours later and the pile of dirty plates in the driveway is still there...

Every sim, family members, guests and even THE MAID, does the stinky interaction when they come to the lot. 

Message 54 of 109 (3,214 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same problem with little piles of ash from a potion.  It has been weeks in sim land, and they are still there.  It sucks because everytime my sims come home from work they are in a bad mood because of the garbage.  I have deleted the cache and everything, and nothing will get rid of this garbage.  I wish there was a cheat or something I could do to get rid of this.  Just one of the many bugs in Sims4 I suppose I will just have to live with!

Message 55 of 109 (3,194 Views)

EA Staff

@MaurissaHunter @Qattusa @MarleyTheWizard @bionicdesserts 

Hello all,

We are looking into the issue with some items not being removable on public lots. If you are experiencing the issue could you please add your Saves folder to a .rar or .zip archive and then upload them to a 1-click hosting service (e.g. dropbox) and post a link to the uploads here? These files can all be found in the following folder: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ 

Also could you please post the location of the items that are not removable in your saves?

Thank you in advance!

Message 56 of 109 (3,175 Views)

★★ Novice

https://www.dropbox.com/s/emcc4z9hqwur576/Slot_00000001.save?dl=0

Her the link to my save file! lockout for my self-made Sammy Clown! He will everything you do during Production soo tragic MUHAHAHAHAHA!

But the  Plates should lie definitely in  Willow Creek! I think one is even in Windenburg but I don't recall wear exact

Message 57 of 109 (3,114 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

@123w4 Thanks for that! Would it be possible for you to zip your entire Saves folder (not just that one slot) and upload that?

Message 58 of 109 (3,085 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just wanted to give a shout out to Rosebud357 for finally figuring this out.  I would like to suggest however, that you don't "reset" the object 'trash can' that you have set as your sims head, while you are off your sims lot.  Leave the Trash can on their head, click on the trash, let them dispose of it. Bring your sims back onto their lot, and THEN reset their Trash Can head.  This way you don't have to deal with a random trash can awkwardly placed outside your sims lot.  
Thanks again Rosebud357~ Standard smile

Message 59 of 109 (3,060 Views)

★★ Novice

Ofcours! Didnt knew  i neded to do that!

Message 60 of 109 (3,028 Views)