by stv_strm

Original Post

Re: Objects Error - Dirty dishes in the street cannot be moved or deleted

Hero

Interesting solution. Thanks for that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 109 (6,904 Views)

★★ Guide

@PfTiki11 wrote:
Hi!

I realize this is an older thread but for anyone still needing help I found the below trick to make objects outside a lot usable

Testingcheats true
Shift click object - set as head
Have sim walk onto lot
Click object (currently on your Sims head)
Reset object

Basically make the object your head then have your sim go to the lot you want to use it on and reset the object

I'm afraid that your proposed workaround didn't work for me, it just created a duplicate and left the original un-deletable/non-interactive object where it was. 

I suggest that Maxis create a custodian type NPC that goes through the worlds removing abandoned objects in public spaces after a certain period of time has elapsed (like when food spoils after being left on the picnic tables, or in my instance abandoned homework) The custodian would carry a trash can type receptacle (or garbage bag) with them to eliminate the need for them to find a trashcan to dispose of items- that could also take care of the areas in the game that don't have trash cans.

Message 32 of 109 (6,888 Views)

Hero

Do you guys still see those ?

@stv_strm @Qattusa @PfTiki11 @meilin_dc82 @TIZZY333

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 109 (6,841 Views)

★★ Guide
The abandoned homework issue was still there after the last patch, and after installing Get Together.
Message 34 of 109 (6,830 Views)

Hero

Just the homework ? I think that has it's own thread.

This is mostly about glasses/dishes and other stuff that's not ON an actual lot.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 35 of 109 (6,826 Views)

★★ Guide
You tagged me, so I answered. The abandoned homework is off-lot, and occupying most of the picnic tables in my game. Is the issue fixed, I'm saying for me it isn't. Does the game treat abandoned plates or homework off-lot differently?
Message 36 of 109 (6,821 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Since the homework is pretty bugged atm as is (at least for me since I have lots of resetting with it that causes the homework to be left all over lots and non-lots), yes, I'm inclined to treat it differently.

But thank you for your feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 109 (6,815 Views)

★★★ Pro
Message 38 of 109 (6,810 Views)

★★ Guide
Thanks for the link canelacaliente, I posted to that thread quite a while ago.
Crinrict- sorry you are having issues too. I hope Maxis gets the issues fixed soon. Standard smile
Message 39 of 109 (6,804 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This bug still appears to exist. A Sim standing on the sidewalk in front of her home lot in Windenberg drank a potion of youth, and left the empty glass there. When I clicked on the glass in Live mode, I got the message that it couldn't be cleaned up because there was no trash can (I forget the exact wording). I could not click on the glass in Buy/Build mode at all.

I'm on Mac OS X (Yosemite), all expansions and packs, no mods or CC.

Message 40 of 109 (6,797 Views)