[FIXED] Objects in the street cannot be moved or deleted

by Qattusa

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Objects in the street cannot be moved or deleted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

One of my Sims inconsiderately left their breakfast plate and glass in the street (ie not on any lot) on their way out to work and now those dishes cannot be moved or deleted.  When I try to click on them a popup appears to say "A trash can or sink is required to clean this up" - this isn't possible as they are not on a lot and I can't edit the world.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 109 (16,627 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't delete bench off grid in front of house

Hero

Using the Set as Head cheat on an object, routing off lot, and then using the Reset Sim cheat will now properly clean up the duplicated object, rather than leave it in an unreachable location off lot.
  • That couch yours?
    • Yep, wore it on my head.
  • How about the hot tub?
    • Yep, headdress.
  • The end table?
    • Look, they are all mine, OK? The end table, the bookshelf, the treadmill, the DJ Booth, the guitar, all of them, OK?! I wore all of them on my head! Are you happy now?
  • The toilet too?

Most of the posts in this thread was about the cheat. Because of this, I'm going to mark this as fixed

Because of this and because this thread doesn't have the new bug template, I'm going to lock it.

If you still experience this issue, please open a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 109 of 109 (10,881 Views)

All Replies

Re: Objects Error - Dirty dishes in the street cannot be moved or deleted

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Qattusa Merged to bug reporting.

I added your thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 109 (16,486 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Adding to this that empty plates can't be "removed" also from secret areas (the same message of trashcan needed appears).

Message 3 of 109 (16,477 Views)

★ Guide

This happened to me too when I brought food with to go fishing. I noticed after a day or two the plate just up and vanished by itself!!? I have no idea how to edit on certain lots to add a garbage can or picnic bench. 

Message 4 of 109 (16,475 Views)

Bug: Garbage on sidewalk can't be cleaned up

★★ Apprentice

My sim was throwing away trash and I queued him up to perform another action afterwards, such as water the plants. He threw a dirty plate and mug on the sidewalk in front of his house, and cannot pick it up. The pick-up action is greyed out, and a message comes up stating that there is no garbage bucket available, but there is. I wonder if this is due to the trash being "thrown" just outside the lot, so it is no longer an active item that can be interacted with.

John

Message 5 of 109 (16,402 Views)

Re: Bug: Garbage on sidewalk can't be cleaned up

★★★★ Novice

@John_Citron wrote:

My sim was throwing away trash and I queued him up to perform another action afterwards, such as water the plants. He threw a dirty plate and mug on the sidewalk in front of his house, and cannot pick it up. The pick-up action is greyed out, and a message comes up stating that there is no garbage bucket available, but there is. I wonder if this is due to the trash being "thrown" just outside the lot, so it is no longer an active item that can be interacted with.

John

I had something similar happen but with a pile of garbage my sim was throwing out. I cancled the action and the pile landed on the sidewalk and the sim was unable to throw away or interact with in any way. The pile "magicly" disappeared in the middle of the night. I suppose the trash fairy came by with her magic wond Confusedmileyvery-happy: Perhaps your dirty dishes will go away as well?

Message 6 of 109 (16,399 Views)

Hero

@John_Citron Merged

I'm unsure but I think they are cleaned up by the game eventlually. Could you check on that (maybe come back 2 days later and see if they are still there)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 109 (16,393 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

@John_Citron Merged

I'm unsure but I think they are cleaned up by the game eventlually. Could you check on that (maybe come back 2 days later and see if they are still there)

Thanks... I'll check that and see if they go away.

John

Message 8 of 109 (16,387 Views)

Can't get rid of a drinking glass

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

My sim started drinking orange juice.  Then she walked outside to talk to another sim that was not within the borders of the lot.  When done, she set the drink down on the ground.  Clicking it only tells you that it can't be disposed of without a trash can and I don't think it is possible to install trash cans outside of lots. There are no other options when you click it so you can't even pick it back up.  Fortunately I did not save the game and was able to loose all my progress for that session by exiting without saving but was able to avoid having the glass stuck on the sidewalk.

I wanted to post this in a bug report area but after looking for a while I cound not easily find that.

Message 9 of 109 (16,367 Views)

Re: Can't get rid of a drinking glass

Hero

@LynBeauty Merged your thread with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 109 (16,363 Views)