Re: [OPEN] [OR] Too many fires on campfires/routing issues to extinguish

by siirysiir

Original Post

Re: Firefighters arrive but don't put out fire

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, I only caught the end of the dance the first time so I started the second fire on purpose to see if it would happen again, and got the exact same result. The only difference between the two incidents was my sims had routing issues calling about the second fire.

I gather the dance is intentional (and it's great).  I just assumed they were actually supposed to put out fires first, which is why I thought it was a bug. I saw a post on the forums where they did the dance after putting out a kitchen fire, so I suspect the real problem is with the firepit. The second time, when I was watching from the moment they appeared, they showed no obvious signs of route failure but maybe it is related to that issue.

Message 51 of 61 (1,208 Views)

Hero
@Daephene1 Can you try with something else than a firepit to see if that works ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 61 (1,193 Views)

Hero
@Daephene1 Have you been able to test a fire that's not a firepit fire ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 61 (1,158 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Have played with outdoor retreat since it launched, never had an issue with fires starting due to chairs being placed around the fire (where they're automatically placed in build/buy). Now, a fire starts every single time the fire is lit. I had chairs catch fire TWICE from the same fire in the same fire pit - literally, right after the firefighters left. Not sure what the point is of chairs being auto-placed so close to the fire if the pit is going to be as overtuned as it is. Can no longer roast items from seats because the fire risk is simply too high. 

Message 54 of 61 (1,098 Views)

★ Guide

Also if a sim tries to play guitar at a campfire, the guitar immediately bursts into flame.  So music-loving sims have a pretty lousy camping trip, with constant fire mishaps that they can't even put out.

Message 55 of 61 (1,074 Views)

★ Guide

I don't even have chairs around my campfire and it is constantly catching everything around it on fire. I even put down the highest rated flame resistant flooring around it and the floor caught fire. Due to this problem I had a lot of challenges completing the first era of the history legacy I was trying to do, the stone age era. I had to break down and get the family a bbq even though they are explicitly forbidden in the challenge rules, just because they wouldn't catch fire all the time. 

Message 56 of 61 (1,057 Views)

Campfire Currently Unusable in Game

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? EP03: 1.assets.live-ep03.156
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except "My First Pets Stuff" and "Strangerville."
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Light a campfire with chairs around it. (Chairs are the campfire chairs that came with Outdoor Retreat, and are auto-placed/snapped around the campfire - no weird placements using free placement or the move objects cheat.) I've placed my campfires in the world of Sulani.
What happens when the bug occurs? Three things: 1. NPCs constantly add logs to fire. 2. Chairs and people around the fire constantly light on fire. 3. No one can extinguish the fires - I get messages that something is blocking the route to the fire, and every time I tell one of my household Sims to put out the fire I get the bubble over their heads telling me that they can't reach it. Bugs make the campfire essentially unusable as-is. This is a big feature of the Outdoor Retreat pack that I paid for.
What do you expect to see? I expect an occasional fire, and the ability to put it out. (Not repeated fires, one after another, and no ability to extinguish fires.) The Weenie Roast event requirements suggest that it is expected that: A) chairs will be near the fire, B) Sims will be near the fire, C) instruments and other items will be near the fire.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've seen this mentioned in posts from 2016, so this is a 3-4 year old problem that makes campfires, a big feature players paid for in the Outdoor Retreat pack, unusable.

It is clear from the requirements of the Weenie Roast social event that the campfire item should not behave in this way.

As has been noted by others:
1. NPCs constantly add logs to fire.
2. Chairs and people around the fire constantly light on fire.
3. No one can extinguish the fires - I get messages that something is blocking the route to the fire, and every time I tell one of my household Sims to put out the fire I get the bubble over their heads telling me that they can't reach it.

I play on console, which is a VERY controlled environment, so it's definitely a problem with the game, not any mods.

Message 57 of 61 (1,041 Views)

Re: Campfire Currently Unusable in Game

★ Guide

If there is a fire, my sims can't put out the fire although the fire is directly in front of them (without any obstructions). The sim is waving his / her hands and shows the routing issue bubble despite nothing blocks their way.

Message 58 of 61 (982 Views)

★★★ Guide

Using a campfire in Eco Lifestyle, and this is still happening. NPCs keep adding logs, which makes fires start outside the campfire, then no one can extinguish them. Firefighters do nothing. 

Message 59 of 61 (949 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Pro

I have all the packs excluding Eco lifestyle, latest game version and game repaired after latest patch. I have a campfire on a residential lot and every time someone uses the campfire one of the chairs slotted around it catches on fire. And the sims cannot put it out. 100% every time (even though I try not to let anyone use the campfire bc it always causes a fire breaking out)

Message 60 of 61 (812 Views)