Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [OR] Too many fires on campfires/routing issues to extinguish

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Parenthood, Bowling Night Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make Sims light a campfire which has some loveseats around it (my example: the campfire at Lakeside Retreat in Granite Falls), and wait until one of the benches catches fire. Now that one of the benches is on fire, try to make a Sim extinguish it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim cannot extinguish the fire because of routing problems. Instead, they spend hours panicking until the fire stops by itself.
What do you expect to see? Sims should be able to extinguish fires around the campfire.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This issue is probably related to this patch note in the November 13th update:

"Sims will no longer route fail when attempting to sit in a loveseat that’s been slotted to a campfire."

I confirm that this is indeed fixed, but I find it likely that this is a similar routing problem.

Message 1 of 61 (8,719 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [OR] Too many fires on campfires/routing issues to extinguish

Hero

Fixed a routing issue that prevented Sims from extinguishing engulfed Sims that are sitting by the Campfire. Gives a whole new meaning to “Warming up by the fire.”

Fixed in Patch 1.67.45/ 1.32

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 61 of 61 (5,224 Views)

All Replies

Re: [XB1] Sims Can’t Reach Fire

★★★★ Novice

When there’s a fire at one of the portable fire pits (from outdoor retreat), my sim cannot reach the fire. There’s a thought bubble with the red x over footsteps which usually indicates a sim can’t reach something. I’ve moved stuff like chairs out of the way and I still can’t extinguish. No mods or cc running latest update for get famous.

Message 2 of 61 (8,586 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [OR] Routing problems when extinguishing fire near campfire

Hero
Added as Needs Input

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 61 (8,545 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I've got this with 'a hard place' single stone seats snapped to the 'rocks of fire' campfire.  My guess is that the route to extinguish is blocked by the campfire itself.

Version 1.48.94.1020

No moo, no mods/cc, caches cleared, save available if required.

EP all except Get Famous

GP all

SP Back Yard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Spooky, Cool Kitchen

Message 4 of 61 (8,529 Views)

Re: [XB1] Sims Can’t Reach Fire

★ Pro

@jthehater wrote:

When there’s a fire at one of the portable fire pits (from outdoor retreat), my sim cannot reach the fire. There’s a thought bubble with the red x over footsteps which usually indicates a sim can’t reach something. I’ve moved stuff like chairs out of the way and I still can’t extinguish. No mods or cc running latest update for get famous.

Same

.Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 9.43.53 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 9.44.44 AM.jpg

Plus Sims can't do anything else until the fire burns out.

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 9.45.41 AM.jpg

Message 5 of 61 (8,462 Views)

★★★ Novice
Threw a grilling event. Guests were roasting hotdogs around the campfire. Maybe vegetarian ones or not, not sure. Suddenly a chair nearby caught fire. Most sims are just standing around doing nothing and not reacting to the fire as well. Others fled to the front of the lot screaming about the fire. None of my sims in the household could extinguish the fire, cause of the same routing issue. Even though I placed the items without the move objects cheat. One of my sims, after she wouldnt cancel her interactions during the fire, was rest and then stood with the T-pose and there was NO WAY to get her back. Also not after the fire stopped by itself. On my second trial, the fire occurred again, although no T-pose happened.
Message 6 of 61 (8,411 Views)

★ Guide

Just want to add that is happens with stoves too  - not just fire pits/campfires. My sim had a stove fire - ran out as usual and had the interaction to extinguish but kept getting a routing error icon so she could not put it out. Think this started happening with the last patch.

Message 7 of 61 (8,369 Views)

★★ Guide

I've run into this issue as well.

Went on a vacation to Granite Falls and used the Campfire.

Adding a log to the fire caused one of the attatched chairs to catch fire, and attempting to extinguish the fire resulted only in the Sims waving their hands around as they couldn't route properly.

Message 8 of 61 (8,258 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

This literally happens EVERY time I use the campfire to some extent, if not a full fire on the lot, then at least the sim catches fire. Even if an NPC uses it, there is a 99% chance there's gonna be a fire, and then 100% my sims refuse/can't reach it. Both my sims have a SimRay, both put out fires just fine on the home lot, but every single time my campfire on the camping lot catches fire all they say is they can't reach it. I'll usually eventually move the tables and fireplace to open the fire up but still my sims can be standing on top of the fire and say they can't reach it (you can see in the photo, the two blurred sims were "showering in the rain" when it happened and I have a nude mod, so it's for censorship, you're welcome). It happens so much I just simply avoid the camp fire now but leave it for the look of realistic camping, but this is dumb cuz then the NPC's start the fire anyways. I don't even mind the idea of stuff SOMETIMES catching fire, but I'm serious that this seems to happen almost every time the fire is lit...even in the rain it happened. In the end, when it happens, I have no choice but to just hit the fast forward button because nothing is gonna happen till that fire naturally goes out. And then I have to calm all my sims for their fire moodlet and it just derails the game at every turn. Now when I go camping I spend almost the entire time in the forest because my camp ground is damn death trap. And I like camping so I don't wanna use the cabins but from now on, seeing that this isn't just a problem with my game, I think i'll use them exclusively until this is fixed.

Unrelated side note you're gonna ignore anyways: Also super annoying the sims don't speed up to ultra speed when they all go to bed in the tents...even at 3x speed it feels like forever waiting for them to wake up. Even in the cabin in a bag.

Message 9 of 61 (8,236 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have this happen ALL THE TIME and its been this way for awhile. I switched from wood or cloth chairs to rock chairs and even the frigging rocks catch fire (the rock chairs that you can put around the fire).

How do ROCKS catch fire anyways? Wondering

And I also get the route fail for extinguishing the fire every time. I have to wait 4-7 sim hours for it to go out on its own.  

The annoying thing isn't just that the fire can't be put out, its the fact that EVERY TIME I use a campfire anywhere in the world (at least the ones that come with Outdoor Retreat that you can cook food on) it will catch fire at some point in the day/night or the time period I happen to be using it. Sims with low cooking skill I can understand, but it even happens to the sims that have high cooking skill. Luckily unlike the stove or grill fires no one (yet) has personally caught fire and died from the chair fires.

I haven't noticed fires at all with the campfires or bonfires that come with Get Together and Island Living (yet) though... Party hat

Message 10 of 61 (8,227 Views)