Re: [OPEN] [OR] Sims Can't Sit In Log Loveseats or Ottomans Around Campfires

by lovesstorms

Original Post

Re: [OR] No one can sit on benches.

★ Novice

I also have this problem. Kneeling at campfires works about 50% of the time, but once it stops working it never seems to work again until a reload (though I have not tested *that* extensively). 'm playing Jungle Adventures at the moment, and don't like the idea of having to carry chairs as well as the fire (which I bought from a merchant in the Cantina market). Also the chairs catching fire is an annoyance I would rather avoid, too.

I have likewise tried repairing the game, and tried using both fires available, with no change. I have no idea what patch might have caused this as I have not really used the camp fire interactions since OR came out...

Message 21 of 36 (2,955 Views)

★ Novice
This is definitely still an issue. It is very frustrating.
Message 22 of 36 (2,844 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @SimArchangel

So far, we have not been able to reproduce this issue

Would you be willing to share your save files with us? If so, please follow these instructions:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Saves are always very helpful to us Standard smile

Thank you very much!

Message 23 of 36 (2,767 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I also suffer this problem and my friend even reported on the forum, because he also suffers the same: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930085/bug-with-sofas-around-the-campfire-sims -can-not-sit-down-after-last-update / p1? new = 1

If the person uses benches and chairs, the game flows normally, however, if they put a loveseat, or any kind if they couch of 02 seats, they can not sit. This happens even in the most expensive lot in Granitte Falls.
I even made these two videos. And I did not make a new one because it continues the same thing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_8oZmxfuZE&list=PLYTuJo_iawBLijiOhTwrj3Av-f_zP5shM

Pictures of my game.

Message 24 of 36 (2,707 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

This is still a bug after seasons,in July...Trying to make an outdoor fire pit porch type thing, first any couch or seat will snap to the fire pit in build, but only singe chairs are usable to sit. I noticed this a while ago when i used the gf double seater lawn chair and they wouldnt sit unless I made the chair unsnap from the campefire. Im surprised the team was able to replicate the bug, yet still havent implemented a fix... 

Edited: so testing... if you put the bench just far enough away from the campfire without allowing it to snap to it, they'll be able to sit and use the campfire fine.. im guessing this is just a workaround for now....

Edited 2: So if you place the benches first and then place the campfire, it'll work!

[Edited by EA_Mai to join the posts and avoid double posting]

Message 25 of 36 (2,575 Views)

Sims can not sit on two-seat benches that line a campfire

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put a two-seat bench lined up at a campfire.
What happens when the bug occurs? Basically, sims can not sit on two-seat benches that line a campfire. The Sims will complain, as if they could not perform the desired action.
What do you expect to see? Sims should be able to sit on two-seat benches lined up for a campfire as normal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This is a bug that happens a few months ago, unfortunately I can not specify in which update happened.

Basically, sims can not sit on two-seat benches that line a campfire. The Sims will complain, as if they could not perform the desired action.

Message 26 of 36 (2,492 Views)

Re: Sims can not sit on two-seat benches that line a campfire

Hero

Hi @SimsTime

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Feel free to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 36 (2,473 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
PlatformPC

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)

What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Add the Not Your Average Firewood Loveseat, Tree Trunk Ottoman, or another 2-seat lounge in the square around the fireplace. (More details in PM I sent to SimGuruIcarus.)

What happens when the bug occurs? Sim will not sit on seat if within square around campfire in build mode. They also will not kneel around campfire to roast any food or play. If as stated in above post, a 2-seat bench is OUTSIDE the square slightly (without touching the lighted square), they can then roast food and play with the fire. 

What do you expect to see? Sims should be able to sit on two-seat benches lined up for a campfire as normal or kneel without any benches or seats around the fire.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, but took Mods folder out for this specific test and save.

My Computer Specs: If you need these, please let me know.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, but I don't remember which one. I remember several years ago that we were able to kneel around the fire. I'm not sure the benches have ever worked. I don't remember trying it nor do I have any pictures.

07-01-15_2-49 AM.png

Please describe the patch or change you made. Unsure which patch it happened in. I'm sorry I can't be any more help.

Message 28 of 36 (2,373 Views)

★★ Apprentice

14. 10. 2018_19-53-55.png
ON map Granite Falls is many place with fireplace and benches. They are unusable. I can not edit it. Because they are not on lot. 

Message 29 of 36 (2,344 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Correct. Standard smile I've mentioned this in my PM to the simgurus. I found 3 spots and added the below pictures to the message.

TS4_x64 2018-10-29 22-11-17-432 edited.png

TS4_x64 2018-10-29 22-12-34-934 edited.png

Message 30 of 36 (2,337 Views)