Re: [OPEN] [OR] Routing Failure on try to roast something on Campfire

by SimQARobo

Original Post

★ Novice

I’m having routing issues when I tried to roast and play using the Toast ‘Em and Roast ‘Em Campfire at a residential lot named Twin Oracle Point 50x40. I can add log and extinguish just fine. Haven’t tried guitar because my sim doesn’t play it. I’m also not going to burn 10,000. lol I’m on the PS4 Pro. 

Message 31 of 45 (1,883 Views)

★★ Guide

this is also happening on XB1, for now I only saw this when trying to use the campfire at the hermits place, the sim waves and has this "can't got there" thoughtbubble followed by a thoughtbubble showing one of the chairs arround the firepit being crossed out, I tried having the sim sit down on the chair first and then telling her to roast but she stood up and the same thing happend.

Message 32 of 45 (1,872 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also discovered this problem in my game. 

Message 33 of 45 (1,851 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except island living, realm of magic, strangerville, machino, fitness
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be able to roast stuff at the campire
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim acts as if they can't get to it and wave their arms in the air, I have tried with and without chairs
What do you expect to see? the sim should roast the food, and then eat it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, never.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Stopped working after the newest patch prior to realm of magic (have not tested prior to this for sometime)
Message 34 of 45 (1,832 Views)

★★★ Guide

Happening to me,too, Its a tent camp lodging at Granite falls, other tan a few tents the ground is clear except for a campfire. I cannot make it anymore cleaner, why a routing fail whatever I do just makes no sense at all.

Message 35 of 45 (1,796 Views)

★★ Guide

now and again I'm able to get a sim to cook something on the campfire, but then it starts a fire and no one can extinguish it. 

I just have to wait until the fire dies out and pray that none of my sims dies of starvation or something in the meantime.

Message 36 of 45 (1,783 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Can confirm I have this problem. Tested it out on two saves

Message 37 of 45 (1,742 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I bought Outdoor Retreat a few months ago and have never had the campfire work properly, even with repairs and everything. This is incredibly disappointing for me because the camping gear is the main reason I bought the pack.

I've never seen a sim kneel in front of the fire, ever - I always get the no path error. In most games snapping chairs around it works, but not always. In my most recent game my Sim complained that they couldn't access the fire to cook regardless of whether there was a chair there or not, UNLESS I told him to roast marshmallows. Literally no other cooking command worked, I just got the no path error with or without chairs.

I've also had the problem of the fire going out mid cooking, but that's a whole other can of worms.

Please please please fix this devs. I beg you. There's a bunch of challenges I can't do because the firepit doesn't work. Please.

Message 38 of 45 (1,679 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello @LadyRomanaOfTime @ChuChuExpress 

If you're seeing this without mods or custom content installed, would you be willing to share affected save files with this issue?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the saves.  Instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

EDIT: Never mind.  The team has discovered the problem and will be looking into it.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 39 of 45 (1,657 Views)

Hero

Sims can now roast at a campfire without needing a seating object nearby.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Not sure if that fixes everything ... cause it seems to have also occurred with chairs .. so let me know. Will probably need a new thread though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 45 (7,486 Views)