by 1337mimizoute

Original Post

Re: Sims won't use campfire

★★★★ Pro

Ah ok!

Message 11 of 45 (3,966 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [OR] Routing Failure on try to roast something on Campfire

★★★ Guide

I don't have mods in my game and I can see this same issue.

Message 12 of 45 (3,947 Views)

Re: Bugged Campfire?

★★★★ Novice

As of July 2018, still encountering this bug.

Sent my sim to Selvadora multiple times, she's an archaeologist so I frequently send her out to find relics to sell and never had a problem with the campfire before. Sent her and her son out this time to start working on his skills and now I'm getting the 'no route to object' thought bubble.

I DO use several mods, but none have been updated or changed since the last time I used the campfire in Selvadora. There also haven't been any game updates since I've been playing this save.

Repairing the game did NOT fix this issue for me Frown

Message 13 of 45 (3,927 Views)

Hero

Hi @Adolphus2217

moved your thread over to current bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 45 (3,915 Views)

★★★★ Novice
It is not a consistent bug. The majority of the time the route is blocked but occasionally a command to roast a fish works. I have been unable to figure out why. It has happened in a new game, no mods or cc, after game repair and in games with MCCC. Have tried moving the campfire, with and without chairs at the fire snap-location slots, different lots, different Sims, different times of day and hunger levels, different levels of cooking skill. Logs can be added, fire extinguished but they can't roast food on it. The one thing I noticed is in old games, the stump and rock seats that snap to the campfire counted as dining chairs. Now the parks using them show an error, dining chairs missing and have to have them replaced with other chairs.
Message 15 of 45 (3,878 Views)

★★★ Novice

This bug still occurs in my game, as of today (10/18/2018)!

This makes campfires USELESS and to my frustration, I cannot host parties as the prime requirements (roast x3 hot dogs at a campfire) cannot be fulfilled. Sims will not sit at the log "couches" either Frown

Outdoor retreat - campfires = ?

no food for camping sims 

CAMPFIRE BUG

Message 16 of 45 (3,804 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Back in Granite Falls I also have this bug again.

Message 17 of 45 (3,744 Views)

★ Apprentice
My sims were unable to roast a fish on their campfire, but the issue was solved after repairing the game. My prehistoric sims will be able to eat the fishes they caught, yay!
Message 18 of 45 (3,719 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

same problem, adding a chair doesn't help me, repair game fixes sometimes but only temporarily, I've never used mods or cc. 

Message 19 of 45 (3,662 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I was able to get my sim to roast everything she had tonight after the patch. I also took all the loveseats away, which are also now routable, and she knelt on the ground to roast all items and played in the fire.

Message 20 of 45 (3,637 Views)