Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [OR] Routing Failure on try to roast something on Campfire

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to roast something at campfire or 'play'
What happens when the bug occurs? It's like the sims can't get to it. Have tried with and without chairs
What do you expect to see? That the sim should roast the food, and then eat it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Stopped working after I installed Seasons.

Whenever I try to use the campfire the sim gets the icon for not being able to get to it. I have the same bug on two different PC's. 

Message 1 of 45 (9,169 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [OR] Routing Failure on try to roast something on Campfire

Hero

Sims can now roast at a campfire without needing a seating object nearby.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Not sure if that fixes everything ... cause it seems to have also occurred with chairs .. so let me know. Will probably need a new thread though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 40 of 45 (7,484 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Duplicated and added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 45 (9,044 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Same issue here when the Sims are standing, but it works for me if a chair is snap-locked to the fire.

Message 3 of 45 (9,027 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Hello @Roocie @crinrict

Could be that today's patch fixed the campfire. It seems to work again in my game.

Campfire.jpg

Message 4 of 45 (8,976 Views)

Hero
Still getting waiving myself but I used the other fire pit.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 45 (8,959 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Ok, then this is no consistent bug. The other pit also works fine for me ... at least on my private lot. Hope I can test Granite Falls soon.

Campfire 2.jpg

Message 6 of 45 (8,949 Views)

Sims won't use campfire

★ Novice

It appears to be some kind of routing error. Whenever I ask my sims to cook anything on the campfire, they wave their hands in the air and cancel the action. I've tried repairing the game and removing mods. I've also tried adding chairs to the campfire, which still doesn't work. 

Message 7 of 45 (8,911 Views)

Re: Sims won't use campfire

Hero

Hi @kittenbeex

unfortunately a known issue. Merged your post with the bug thread.

Please click on the me too button on the first post to show that you have the issue as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 45 (8,909 Views)

★★★★ Pro
I think this is somehow mod-related. I tested all fire pits in Granite Falls and they all work for me. The only exeptions are two places where the devs have moved the benches to near to the fire.
Message 9 of 45 (8,892 Views)

Hero
I don't have any mods and I was able to replicate this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 45 (8,886 Views)