Re: [Outdoor Retreat] Random moodlet bug?

by MissPlumbob123

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero

It might not get fixed for Sims that already have the moodlet.

Try with a new Sim.

Mine all lost them over time and now they died so I can't try my existing affected Sims.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 81 (1,277 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I still have this bug. It resets the refreshed moodlet back to "2 days" every time I go to a new lot even after apparently expiring beforehand. Very annoying! My game is fully up to date so the fix in the latest patch didn't work for me
Message 32 of 81 (1,258 Views)

Hero

Did they have the moodlet before the patch or acquired it afterwards ?

Already affected Sims will probably not be fixed by this patch but it should not happen on new ones.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 81 (1,249 Views)

★★ Apprentice

They had the moodlet after the newest patch. I played it on 12th Feb and took them to granite falls and after that the moodlet keeps refreshing back to 2 days every time i load a new lot. I have to remain on the same lot for the whole 2 days for it to disappear but it reappears again when travelling to new lots. So unfortunately this hasn't fixed my game. Luckily it's not a negative moodlet that's fixed to my sims indefinitely now lol but I hope it gets fixed ASAP because it messes with my game play. I heard somewhere that ending a holiday early can cause the game to bug and my sims did end their holiday early so I'll take them back and wait for the holiday to end normally and see if that changes anything.

Message 34 of 81 (1,241 Views)

Hero

Going to test this in my game tomorrow

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 35 of 81 (1,234 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I tested it again today (13th Feb) and took my sims to granite falls again and this time waited for the vacation to end properly, without ending it early myself, and then waited on my home lot for the 2 days for the moodlet to expire. I took my sim to a community lot and at first I thought it was fixed because the moodlet didn't appear again so I thought it was just the ending the vacation early that caused the bug but then I took my sim to their home lot again and it's appeared. I've had trouble with refreshed and rejuvenated moodlets in the past too with the 'loves the outdoors' trait (though these current sims don't have that trait) and that was fixed for a while but it's come back again which is a bit annoying :/ thanks for your replies though and I hope it gets fixed in the next patch ^^

Message 36 of 81 (1,227 Views)

★ Guide

The issue has not been fixed. I have had the same problem after the patch where this was suppose to get fixed.

Message 37 of 81 (1,145 Views)

Hero

Do you still get it on new Sim or is that a Sim that had it before ?

It's working fine for me (two vacations so far)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 81 (1,142 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This bug still hasn't been fixed for me either. I had purposely not taken my current sims on vacation before the second latest patch because I had a sim before who got stuck with the moodlet after going on vacation. I've had my current sims since before the latest two patches but I haven't taken them on vacation until after the second latest patch, when the bug was supposed to have been fixed and i hoped i'd be able to take them on vacation, and then the moodlet has stuck since then and it resets back to '2 days' remaining every time my sim go to a new lot. I will try it again with a brand new sim and see if it's the sims themselves that are broken since I've had them a while and before the patches, but I'm a bit reluctant and annoyed to start again as I've progressed so far with them.

Message 39 of 81 (1,115 Views)

Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves, upload to mediafire or dropbox and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 81 (1,110 Views)