[FIXED] [OR] Rejuvenated/Refresh moodlet never going away

by Mielosh

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [OR] Rejuvenated/Refresh moodlet never going away

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I don't know if this is a bug, but my sims went of a vacation and since she is home she randomly gets the vacation moodlet. It disappears, but after a few hours it appears again, as if she has been on a vacation again. I could be because there is a picnic table in her backyard, but I think that shouldn't be a reason to give her the moodlet again. 

Message 1 of 81 (4,991 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OR] Rejuvenated/Refresh moodlet never going away

★ Apprentice

It seems like the issue has been resolved. My Sims just returned from their vacation to Granite Falls and after 2 Sims days, the moodlet/buff goes away. - JTL 01/14/2018

View in thread

Message 79 of 81 (3,066 Views)

All Replies

Re: Random moodlet bug? outdoor retreat

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 81 (4,906 Views)

Re: [Outdoor Retreat] Random moodlet bug?

★ Guide

I marked the topic as solved, but I still have the problem. I was wondering if EA is going to do something about it, because it's quite anoying. My sim is happy al the time because of the mootlet. Anyone knows how to remove a moodlet? Like in the sims 3?

Message 3 of 81 (4,830 Views)

Hero

And why did you mark it as solved if there's no work around and it's not solved ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 81 (4,828 Views)

★ Guide

My sim visited another neighborhood and when coming back the vacation moodlet was there. Seems like visiting another neighborhood also trigger this moodlet. 

Message 5 of 81 (4,801 Views)

Hero

No mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 81 (4,797 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Workaround: Remove this buff manually.

01. CTRL-SHIFT-C

02. testingcheats true

03. sims.remove_buff buff_CampingForest_Refreshed

Buff is added by OR. Maybe it occurs if you end the vacation prematurely.

Not sure? Need further extensive testing from others.

Message 7 of 81 (4,783 Views)

Re: [Outdoor Retreat] Rejuvenated moodlet bug

★ Apprentice

Does your sim have the loves the outdoors trait? I might have the same bug but i didn't know whether to make a new thread or not because mine only happens to sims with the loves the outdoors trait and they get the rejuvenated mood-let instead of refreshed. But it's same basic thing. I've tested it alot to try find a way around it because 3 of my sims have this trait and are therefor permanently happy. 

It seems like (for me atleast) it isn't very random. It always comes back after a loading screen of any kind. I know other people have this problem or atleast something similar and i don't use custom content or mods. I didn't know whether to add this here or make a new post so i apologize if this is in the wrong place.

Also my sims all have different houses and i have tested it in multiple saves. So it's not just an object in my house or something wrong with my sim. It happens every time a sim who loves the outdoors goes on vacation. Unless i send them home early which i think won't give them a mood-let at all. I've only tried it once so far though.

Message 8 of 81 (4,756 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

If you have the outdoor trait, you would get this: buff_CampingForest_LovesOutdoors_Rejuvenated

For sims without that trait, you would get this: buff_CampingForest_Refreshed

They use the same test condition. I apologize if I didn't include the Outdoor workaround earlier.

You have to remove each buff according to your needs - if you want to. Some may actually like this, since you get a permanent +2 happy.

It happens only if you have ended a vacation early.

I have tested sending Sims on vacation without ending early and the buffs get removed properly (i.e. the decay over time happens).

I think, from what I could understand, when traveling on vacation, your Sims in the group get tagged with an unique number. This ID will be marked for removal properly if the vacation is ended properly. If not, the ID persists and gets saved in your Sim data. So, each time you go through a loading screen (e.g. load from a save, switch between neighborhood), there's a chance the buff will return because that travel ID has not been removed. The workaround just takes out the buff not the travel ID.

So, if you send Sim A,B,C on a vacation previously and end it early, all Sims A,B,C get stuck with the ID.

Next time, if you send the same Sim A,B,C with a new Sim D and end the vacation normally, only Sim D gets the buff removed properly (tested).

Since evict, moving out household works with the same save file, it won't help (tested).

What I have not tested is, what would happen if you send the same Sim A,B,C back to vacation and end it properly?

Message 9 of 81 (4,739 Views)

Hero

Tagging @Mielosh for input

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 81 (4,734 Views)