[FIXED] [OR] [JA] Game crashes when travelling to vacation world with friends

by DaveZhu

Original Post

Since 09/03 patch cannot travel when on vacation to Salvadorada

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Jungle Adventure Seasons City Living Island Living Discover University Cats & Dogs Movie Hangout Bowling Night
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send sims on a vacation to Salvadorada with friends from another household. Then try to travel to another location such as the bar or the museum.
What happens when the bug occurs? Either i use the phone to travel or i click on a location to travel to from the holiday house in Salvadorada. The loading screen comes up, freezes and then the game crashes.
What do you expect to see? The screen to choose the location to travel to to load without crashing, if using a phone to travel. If clicking the location to travel such as the museum, the museum to load up and the sims to arrive without the game crashing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 09/03/2020 patch

I posted about this on the technical support forum and noticed that many of the posts on there recently were complaining about this exact problem so I assume it must be a bug (especially since the new pack will be a vacation type pack). Note that this only occurs when you bring friends from outside the household with you when you go on vacation.

Message 21 of 112 (3,403 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashes when I play the jungle adventure pack

[ Edited ]

@scarletsims29  There does seem to be an issue with vacations that involve friends, and I'm not the one to troubleshoot that.  But I did want to point out that the driver for your graphics card is throwing serious errors, and that should definitely be addressed.  While it's unlikely to resolve the Sims 4 crashing, at least completely, it should help overall performance.

Since you already have the newest driver for your laptop from Acer, you'll need to do a clean uninstall and reinstall of the driver.

Spoiler

Download Display Driver Uninstaller from here:

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3216

Download the Nvidia VGA driver from here:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8305?b=1

Next, take your computer completely offline—disable wifi and/or pull the ethernet cord—and double-click the DDU.exe.  Take note of where the file will land, and click Extract.  If it's easier, you can copy the path and then paste it into the address bar in a File Explorer window.  Open the folder and then launch Display Driver Uninstaller.exe, and you'll get a message that you're not in Safe Mode.  Click OK, then go to Options and enable Safe Mode dialog.  Here's a screenshot of what your options should look like; make sure the box in red is checked:

DDU 1.1.png

Close options, and the DDU, and then open the DDU.exe again.  For launch options, choose "Safe Mode (Recommended)," and then click Reboot to Safe Mode (you'll need your password, so find it before rebooting).  Once you login, you'll see this:

DDU 2.png

In the blue box, choose GPU, then Nvidia if it's not already showing.  Then click Clean and Restart (red box).

Once your computer has rebooted, now back in normal mode, run the driver install .exe in custom mode.  Select "perform a clean installation" and install ONLY the GPU driver and the PHYSX software.

Like I said, this won't fix any bugs or other issues with Sims 4 itself, but the driver shouldn't keep throwing errors.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 22 of 112 (3,407 Views)

Re: Each time I open the map of Selvadorada(adventure), the game shuts down.

[ Edited ]
Hero

@DaveZhu @scarletsims29 

Merged threads but I tired to duplicate this and it worked fine for me so please provide the following info

Could you please post the following info

1. Your Computer's DxDiag
  2. If you have, the following file: Documents\electronic arts\the sims 4\lastcrash.txt
  3. The following file: Documents\electronic arts\the sims 4\config.log
  4. Upload your saves to google or one drive and PM me the link

You can upload DxDiag and config.log directly to your post.

For any lastCrash files, either create a rar file and upload that or copy/paste the content of the file to a post inside spoiler tags (the icon next to the strike-through)

@Allykat5888 Thanks for the save. Will test in the evening. 

EDIT

Ok. Was now able to duplicate on my own save. Seems to happen if you travel with Active Sim + min 1 Household Member + min 1 Non-Household member

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 112 (3,393 Views)

Jungle adventure

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? eco lifestyle, cool kitchen stuff, vampires, get to work, jungle adventure, get famous, holiday celebration pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? if i plan a vacation with my sim, i go to rent a place in the jungle and when i click travel after that to go to the market and explore the area, the game crashes and closes. when i try to get in the game again and go to destinations and click on the jungle were my sims are, it crashes
What happens when the bug occurs? the game crashes and shuts down
What do you expect to see? not sure but the normal map
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made.

nothing else to add...

Message 24 of 112 (3,343 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have sent you the kink of google drive. Thank you!

Message 25 of 112 (3,322 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Now I find out the problem only happens when inviting a friend to a vacation. I sent all the sim characters back home and let my sim family go on a vacation without a friend, the game does not crush any more.

Message 26 of 112 (3,319 Views)

Hero

So I was able to duplicate this now and it seems it happens if you travel to either world with this constellation

Active Sim + Other household Member + NPC friend

For the moment no further info is needed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 112 (3,310 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashes when I play the jungle adventure pack

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict thanks for the advice. i reinstalled the driver so hopefully i don't get anymore of those errors.
Message 28 of 112 (3,309 Views)

Crash: Crash when clicking to Vacation Worlds

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:Mac
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except spooky stuff, fitness stuff, toddler stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? it happens when the game is in manage worlds. there will be an exclamation point on the vacation worlds
What happens when the bug occurs? whenever you click on the vacation worlds the game crashes. an exclamation point on the vacation worlds with a message saying " this world is unusable because there are no rental units left. change a lot back into a rental unit in order to have it be usable again."
What do you expect to see? My game not crash and no exclamation points on worlds
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. the september 2020 patch ruined my game. before the patch the game worked perfectly fine. now it constantly crashes. I have also heard reports of it crashing after the "get to know" interaction, although i never got that far as my game crashes soon after starting the game

the september patch ruined the game. it is unplayable at the moment as it keeps crashing

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 29 of 112 (3,843 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing after September 2020 update

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Summerxena did you remove the mods before starting the game ? Did you use mods or just cc ? Did you also delete localthumbcache file ?

When you go to the world, do the rental lots have no values ?

Do you have the same issue if you start a fresh save fro testing purposes ?

The get to know interaction crashes are related to an adult mod.

There is a known crashing issue if you travel with household + npc + active sim within vacation worlds

Also do you have a lastcrash file in doc ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 112 (3,836 Views)