by bluereenie

Original Post

Re: Brewing herbal remedy

★★ Novice
@crinrict Ok thank you. Hopefully there's another update soon ✌🏼
Message 11 of 56 (3,682 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [OR] [ECO] Sims constantly making De-Stressing Decoction

★★★ Apprentice

This behaviour triggered for me when a visitor was at my sims house during a thunderstorm.  He went to the stove and started making the de-stressing brew.  Now one of the sims who lives in the hosue does this autonomously even though she doesn't have ingredients and didn't have the herbalism skill.  She does now!  She's at level two because she's made three of these brews by herself. The ones she makes can be dragged into her inventory and used.  The pic is another visiting sim.  Stops conversation to go to stove to brew, then walks to grill, lift lid and sees that grill is on  - their arms go up into the T pose, and the brew is left beside them on the floor.

NAP in current neighbourhood: Self-sufficiency.

Message 12 of 56 (3,665 Views)

★ Guide

I have 2 households, 1 in Port Promise and 1 in the Quarry and for both of them if they invite guests over the guests start spam making the de-stressing decoction on the grill, then move it to the stove and then put it back on the grill. It's pretty annoying because you want to have a nice time with your guest but they find spamming this more interesting. My sims haven't started doing this themselves yet but it's good to know that might start happening. Doesn't seem like it's related to any of the active NAP's. The only cc/mods I have is an OMSP shelf so that can't be it either.

Message 13 of 56 (3,640 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

My sim did not even have the herbalism skill when she started; I first found a bottle and drank it.  Also I found random bottles of the same decoction made by characters I was not actively playing and had never played.

The issue also occurs in a rental in Granite Falls.

Not sure if connected: but sadness alleviation potions are not working.

Message 14 of 56 (3,614 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

Yup!
Even with autonomy turned off, my sims are concocting de-stressers, stopping what they are doing to practice programming or play instruments, and playing with future cubes (suddenly will have tons of future cubes in inventory). Buggidy Bug!

Message 15 of 56 (3,586 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

This has been happening nonstop in my household since the new expansion. Well before any NAPs were enacted, every random sim who came over started obsessively making the de-stressing decoction specifically, then leaving them on the floor everywhere. They've also set fire to my house several times doing this.

Halp.

(edit: the household I'm referring to here is in Brindleton Bay.)

Message 16 of 56 (3,564 Views)

★★★ Novice
@rebeccah101 I have the same issue and it is very annoying. My sims and his roommate are literally making de-stressing decoctions the entire time.
Message 17 of 56 (3,537 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [OR] [ECO] Sims constantly making De-Stressing Decoction

★ Guide

This is happening on my lot in Del Sol Valley. Ghost dad and granddad left a handful on the patio next to the grill, and now any visiting sim heads straight to either the cooktop or grill to whip up a batch.

Self Sufficiency had already passed before I noticed this. I haven't yet tried repealing to see what happens.

Message 18 of 56 (3,505 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same thing here! I think it's wayyyy too off the rails to just be N.A.P-related. My sims cancel their queue to go to a nearby grill all the time. One of them woke up in the middle of her sleep (bar on the sleep icon half-full, energy need not full) to go brew a de-stressing decoction. It seems every time I leave them alone for a second they're running for a grill. NPCs also do it in my house very often, sometimes leaving pans on the stove for my sim to clean up/continue. I keep finding decoctions on the floor.

I play on a MacBook Pro on a save that didn't have mods or CC pre-patch and still doesn't.

Message 19 of 56 (3,503 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had this happen too without the foodies/juice NAP - just green, modern, self-sufficiency, and clean energy production.

Sims are town between making white cakes and/or honey cakes, and making herbalism potions. I had to use an autonomy tuner to disable the herbalism action, as my sims were actually doing that as well (thankfully, they weren't cake obsessed). I've since downloaded a mod to disable NAP autonomy until Maxis patches this (applies to the incessant future cube and ball of clay too). 

This has been happening since the June patch immediately preceding the eco lifestyle expansion -- I noticed it with neighbors coming to my sims' apartment in city living, in which they'd keep baking cakes over and over (however, they were actually eating them then). 

Message 20 of 56 (3,436 Views)