Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [OR] [ECO] Sims constantly making De-Stressing Decoction

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco, University, Island living, get famous, get to work, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, tiny living, laundry day, toddler, fitness, bowling, vintage glamour, back yard, kids room, romantic garden, movie hangout, spooky, cool kitchen, patio, luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Through general game play having a grill on the lot and inviting sims over.
What happens when the bug occurs? The bug started when I invited some sims over via a group gathering, one sim started constantly making the De-Stressing Decoction on the grill and hob, then other sims started. Now my sims who do not have ingredients or hebalism skill start autonomously making the De-Stressing Decoction. It appears to be worse when sims are visiting however still happens in general household when no one is visiting.
What do you expect to see? Sims to stop automatically making this constantly
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This happened after I installed Eco Living and subsequent patches

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 56 (13,664 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Roommates won't stop making de-stressor decoctions

Hero

I will mark this as fixed as I believe all NAP problems are solved now and only occur when the NAP is actually active.

Please create a new thread if you still have issues with this

If you have issues with Sims going inside to make the potion in your house, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Autonomous-Stress-Relief-Potion-on-Grill-Incorrectly-Finishes-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 56 of 56 (10,743 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims constantly making De-Stressing Decoction after Eco Lifestyle update/pac

[ Edited ]
Hero

@rebeccah101 Merging this with the general doing same interaction thread.

What's the NAP you have in place ?

Putting some related thread links here

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 56 (13,571 Views)

Re: Sims constantly making De-Stressing Decoction after Eco Lifestyle update/pac

★ Guide
@crinrict I had power conservation and self sufficiency.
Message 3 of 56 (13,563 Views)

Hero
@rebeccah101 Hm, that doesn't explicitly list herbalism but maybe as it's a pack one they're not listing it so it could be related to self-sufficiency

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 56 (13,623 Views)

★ Guide

I've re appealed everything so no active N.A.P  and it's still happening - only fix at the moment seems to be removing the grill off the lot

Message 5 of 56 (13,609 Views)

Hero
@rebeccah101 So, I split this as I come to believe we need a thread per symptom

Still believe this is the cause for the issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-NAPs-from-all-neighbourhoods-are-applied-to/td...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 56 (13,238 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict It does seem to all link to the NAP system, I noticed last night with the other issue I’m having (interactions cancelling) my sims got the little icon for gaining influence points, when they were doing some of the interactions after the one that was cancelled. For example might stop painting to do push ups but would gain influence points from that. So it’s like they are overriding the actions the player directs to gain influence points for NAPs that aren’t even active. Also noticed my sims have lots of influence points, but they should’t have that many because no NAPs are active. Kind of proving that it links to them getting NAP traits from every neighbourhood they visit. But the strange thing is you can turn off all the NAPs and remove everyone manually yet it still doesn’t fix it.
NAPs are the enemy right now lol
Message 7 of 56 (13,222 Views)

Hero
@rebeccah101 I actually misunderstood that it's much worse

If there's any NAP active in any of the worlds, they are all applied to all Sims in the active neighborhood, even if you haven't visited said neighborhood

Still not sure how it works for active Sims though as it seems mostly the buffs and not the temp traits causing issues.

Anyways, I'm keeping all separate as people usually search by symptoms and not by cause.

I'll happily mark all as saved if fixing the NAPs fixes all these problems :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 56 (13,220 Views)

Brewing herbal remedy

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, and stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure this happens randomly
What happens when the bug occurs? All sims will stop their commands to brew a de stressing decotion herbal remedy even with autonomy play turned off.
What do you expect to see? I expect them to not do this at least without being told since autonomous play is turned off.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. All updates have been applied and game is fully up to date as of 6:30am on 06.11.2020 pst

Photo of unwanted action attached. 

Message 9 of 56 (13,145 Views)

Re: Brewing herbal remedy

Hero
@dkv082419 I merged your post with existing thread on this.

See second post for an explanation.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 56 (13,123 Views)