Strange sims keep breaking in to make herbal remedies

by CptnVanderbeam

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [OR] Autonomous Stress Relief Potion on Grill Finishes On Stove

★★ Pro
@simvasion Cleverly caught! Still I don't care so much about how exactly this interaction is bugged, it's just these crazy NAPs in general were driving me insane with townie autonomy ruining the experience. I feel like this feature could, in theory, be reworked into something cool. But sims wearing bags, stealing stuff, being constantly dazed from juice, cooking herbalism potions in my house, being constantly sad from future cube predictions and leaving tablets, future cubes and voodoo dolls lying around is just unbearable. :/
Message 31 of 46 (745 Views)

Uninvited NPCs enter home to brew De-Stressing Concoction

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All game and expansion packs except for Vampires and Journey to Batuu. Stuff packs I have: Moschino, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Perfect Patio, Backyard, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play game where sim lives in a house with a BBQ
What happens when the bug occurs? Various NPCs enter my house without being invited in (or even if they are invited in) and start brewing De-Stressing Concoctions on the BBQ. They also incorporate the stove for it, too. They either don't finish it leaving a pot behind, or finish it and leave the concoction on the ground. Unsure if this is happening in other locations, but my Sim lives in the Snowy Escape town Mount Komorebi.
What do you expect to see? NPCs don't enter my house without being invited in, and they don't spontaneously start brewing concoctions every time they enter
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

---

Message 32 of 46 (732 Views)

Re: Uninvited NPCs enter home to brew De-Stressing Concoction

★★★★ Guide
@paulinajasz Finally I wasn't the only one seeing this happening! I seem to have only started experiencing this phenomenon with the "cultists" or whatever they're called from Discover University while living in the main town square area in Britechester. Since then, I've seen the occasional unfinished De-Stressing Concoction on stoves or grills in some households I've played; so strange...
Message 33 of 46 (722 Views)

Strange sims keep breaking in to make herbal remedies

★ Apprentice

Does this happen to anyone else?

This has been happening to me FOREVER. Possibly since I first picked up the Outdoor Retreat expansion not long after it came out. Drives me nuts!

After a full sim-week of this happening in my current game, I finally wondered, "Am I the only one who has to put up with this?" I feel like it's not a "bug" per se, just an odd feature someone very evil on the dev team implemented.

This occurs across a huge variety of instances for me. It will 100% happen at least once during parties. In the case of my current instance, complete strangers none of my Sims know are breaking into my house to create de-stressing potions. And of course, I don't own these potions, so every single morning my Sims have to manually collect and put them away one-by-one. This has happened before, but every single night for over a Sim-week is excessive, even in my experience. Locking the doors doesn't even keep them out! Disabling all visitors didn't help!

I've seen some other people who have had similar issues, but some of their solutions were things like... uninstalling mods (which I don't run). Has anyone ever solved this in their own game without totally inconveniencing the current building situation? 

Message 34 of 46 (660 Views)

Re: Strange sims keep breaking in to make herbal remedies

Hero
@CptnVanderbeam I merged your post with the bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 46 (630 Views)

Rif.: Strange sims keep breaking in to make herbal remedies

★★★★★ Expert
@CptnVanderbeam If you have Eco installed there's on N.A.P. that could be responsible for this problem, the Self-Sufficency one. You can repeal it by collecting 5 signatures, or SHIFT + click on the mailbox (this is a cheat).
Message 36 of 46 (618 Views)

★ Apprentice

Cool. Wasn't sure if it was bug-report worthy.

Spec details:

• I have all expansions/packs/etc except for the clothing-based kits.
  • I don't run mods and never have.
  • My game is up to date
  • I recently began using the EA beta, but this issue preceded that

Scenario details:

• This has occurred to me across all worlds, families, lot features, many, many game files and has continued through files validations I've made for other reasons
  • It does not matter if doors are locked or neighbors/solicitors are disallowed
  • I know the de-stressing deconction requires level 4 herbalism, and if I invite sims that are parents to or grandparents to my current sims who I never did herbalism with, they shouldn't even be able to make it
  • As stated already, 100% happens at least once during social events (parties or random events like Extra Food, Game Night (or Friend Night, can't remember that one's name), or Welcome Wagon.)

While this might be a different issue, this often happens with White Cakes, also (a bug I noticed kicking in when Snowy Escape dropped).

Either of these issues would be less annoying if consumables were owned by my Sim if they were made on my lot (which makes sense to me). Then I can either drag and toss stuff, or my Sim can put all the potions in my inventory instead of walking them to the fridge one-by-one (which can take a while depending on how far away the grill is from the fridge) because "my sim does not own this item." 

What caused me to finally ask about it is I really like my current build on Mua Pel'am on the Key Point lot. My house goes into the water and I have a ladder down into it (this is the strange Sims' access point). Two Sims will swim up to the back of the house at the same time (around 10pm-12am as my Sims are going to bed), climb the ladder and take their turns both making the herbal remedy. Sometimes they complete them, sometimes one gets completed and one leaves a pot, etc etc. And this happened every night for over a Sim-week. I don't want to remove the ladder because it's convenient and the lot is so nice I don't want to implement a fence or try to create additional hurdles that have seemed to help in the past when this issue has begun. And I didn't feel like it was fair to be expected to mess up my own aesthetics due to this bizarre issue. I wouldn't even like it if locking the doors worked because then I'd have to remember to unlock it daily for the maid. If Sims had kept in the overnight thief event, hey, I'd understand. It'd be a nice real-life simulation so I'd have to think of real-life logic to solve it. But jumping through all these hoops because strangers insist on doing late-night baking and grilling? Come on!

I've been kicked out of other Sims' homes for making food, even homes that belong to my Sim's parents so I know relationship doesn't matter. Apparently, it's considered inappropriate. So why do all of these other Sims feel so free to use my resources to make their stuff then litter it around my property?

Message 37 of 46 (617 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

my sims and every other sim's brotheer is coming over to make de-stressing concoctions on my grills and stove - I don't even have jungle adventure on the account I'm playing. Seriously?

what plan causes this then? I thought these concoctions were only available in jungle adventure? I don't have that pack.

@GiardiniDiMarzo Really? This is what causes it? Well you know where that nap is gonna be filed, right? hahahahahahahhahaa

Message 38 of 46 (580 Views)

★ Guide

Similarly, sims that I do not know will come over & start making Stress Relief Potion on my stove or grill. It once set my sim's stove on fire. I thought this would have been fixed already, this is an old error. 

Message 39 of 46 (551 Views)

★ Guide

Yes this was happening when the Island pack first came out! Sims would swim to the ladder on the lot & come inside and help themselves to glasses of water. All night. I had to clean up so many glasses of water.

Message 40 of 46 (545 Views)