vistor sims making destressing lotion

by meggie2918

Original Post

Re: Visitors making De-stressing Decoction Constantly?

★★★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italian
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expasions, All Stuff packs, All Game packs except DHD, only Country Kitchen Kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put a grill in your house. Inviting Sims over, having a group gathering, waiting for a random townie or have Toppy in your lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Visiting characters, Toppy or random NPCs go to the grill to make decoction. If the doors are not locked, they take the pot and continue cooking on the stove, then return to the grill to complete the decoction. Result: I find myself full of decoctions on my porch.
If the doors are locked, the Sims stay stuck in front of the grill until I send them away.
What do you expect to see? Townies, visiting Sims or Toppy not randomly cooking weird things and leaving them all over my Sims porch or left cooking on the stove then going to cook another on the grill
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? A couple of CC hair
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral - not sure
Please describe the patch or change you made.

I've had this bug since the beginning, the numerous fixes done haven't fixed it apparently.

Message 21 of 46 (945 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [OR] Autonomous Stress Relief Potion on Grill Finishes On Stove

★★★ Guide

TO BE CLEAR - my problem is that PATCHY is making these concoctions, so I can't even lock him out.....

Message 22 of 46 (883 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This bug was fixed, but it’s back ever since I added Cottage Living. I haven’t noticed visiting Sims starting the concoction on the grill this time, but I’ve had a few left on the stove. 

Message 23 of 46 (850 Views)

★ Guide

I am also having this issue, both random sims CONSTANTLY making concoctions, and then any sims including my own switching to the stove and back again.

In terms of NPCs, at the very least, shouldn't they need to have the herbalism skill to be able to do this? And the stove thing is is such a pain, because it prevents my own sims from using the stove to cook other things. I can't have a party because the guests spend all their time making concoctions on the stove--literally, it's almost constant, my sims can't even get in between concoctions to interact with their guests, let alone use the stove to serve them any actual food for the party. 

This has to be a bug, right? If it is by design, it is such POOR design I can't even believe it. 

Message 24 of 46 (837 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Fanphoria  that's not related to this issue that's specifically about the grill animation sequence switching to the stove.

What you're describing about the sims making concoctions autonomously is not a bug, it's part of the Self Sufficiency Neighbourhood Action Plan from Eco Lifestyle. If you have that plan active in your neighbourhood, sims will seek out grills to make stress relief potions.

Because that isn't a bug, they aren't likely to fix it. To work around it, you can block access to the stove with a locked gate or repeal the Self Sufficiency Neighbourhood Action Plan. Or, if you simply want to tone it down so that they don't do it as often, you can look into mods like my Eco Lifestyle Interactions Fixes mod, which you can find a link to in the approved game fixing mods thread stickied at the top of the Bug Forum.

Message 25 of 46 (832 Views)

vistor sims making destressing lotion

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? invite visitors to lot, or plan a social event. They should autonomously start making the destressing lotion from herbalism skill.
What happens when the bug occurs? A sim is visiting my household and randomly starts making multiple destressing lotions
What do you expect to see? this to not happen?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

08-24-21_12-17-47 PM.png08-24-21_12-22-18 PM.png

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 26 of 46 (860 Views)

Re: vistor sims making destressing lotion

[ Edited ]
Hero

@meggie2918 What NAP do you have active ?

From your pic it could also be this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-OR-Autonomous-Stress-Relief-Potion-on-Grill-Finish... 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 46 (842 Views)

★★ Novice

Platform: PC

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them. Even the kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Watch the NPC Hermit from Granite Falls in his secret lot and stay there for a few days.
What happens when the bug occurs? The NPC will autonomously start to brew a de-stressing decoction on the grill, but when reaching the middle part of the recipe they will transition over to a stove to finish the potion. He will either finish the decoction and drink it or leave it halfway done. He never prepares anything else. He eventually dies of starvation.
What do you expect to see? The entire interaction only taking place on the grill and not transitioning to a stove. + THE HERMIT BEING ABLE TO AUTONOMOSLY FIX HIS NEEDS. Otherwise he dies of starvation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No. Nothing.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not that I remember

Message 28 of 46 (785 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@simvasion I’m on Xbox but random townies are coming into my house to make destress decanter and the leaving either a pot to spoil or jars all over my deck area 😭😭😭
Message 29 of 46 (749 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@simvasion wrote:

What you're describing about the sims making concoctions autonomously is not a bug, it's part of the Self Sufficiency Neighbourhood Action Plan from Eco Lifestyle. If you have that plan active in your neighbourhood, sims will seek out grills to make stress relief potions.

Omg, for real? I have to try then. Thank you so much.

Message 30 of 46 (711 Views)