Re: [OPEN] "Not Enough Exercise" for Sims without Active Trait

by Skaazilla

Original Post

Re: Sims Get Tense Moodlet Even Though They Aren't Athletic

★ Guide

I had a similar bug, because my sim once had the Active trait and I changed it to Creative via CAS.

The workaround which I use is to first remove one of the sims' traits with "traits.remove_trait [trait]".

Then I gave my sim the Active trait with "traits.equip_trait Active".

Then I removed the Active trait again and then gave the sim his former trait back.

For me, this worked with several bugs regarding this, because simply changing traits in CAS without actual cheating via the cheat console causes the moodlet to appear even if he / she does not have this trait anymore.

Message 11 of 40 (2,796 Views)

★ Apprentice

But these sims never had the active trait.  When I changed my sim's trait from gloomy to active following this (something I wanted to do anyway) I used the re-traiting potion, not CAS, because I too have had similar bugs with that.  This is a completely separate issue.

Message 12 of 40 (2,782 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also have the same issue. My sim does not have the active trait, but whenever he uses the soccer ball, he gets the Not Enough Exercise moodlet for 1 hour. Really weird.

Message 13 of 40 (2,748 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am also having this issue. He has never had the active trait but after a few minutes of playing with the soccer ball he gets the tense not enough exercise (Active trait) moodlet. I've only noticed it happen after he plays with the soccer ball.

Message 14 of 40 (2,723 Views)

★ Guide

I have this too with my non-active Sims. But that isn't the whole problem. I've also noticed my active Sim is also getting frequent 'Not Enough Exercise' moodlet from doing any type of exercise like sit ups, jogging, or push ups etc, as well as from the soccer ball. If she doesn't already have the moodlet, as soon as she starts exercising, it pops up and has the green down arrows on it. Any exercise she does after will lessen the time it lasts. Once it disappears, I get her to do another exercise and there it is again, every time.

Message 15 of 40 (2,698 Views)

Hero
@Skaazilla There's two other threads for that

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Tense-despite-Active-trait-and-feeling-Energized/m...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Disappearing-good-workout-buff-while-jogging/td-p/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 40 (2,679 Views)

★★★ Guide

Only just purchased University now noticed it on one of my teen sims and no i haven't even tried any form of soccer yet. It seems tied to this EP. 

Message 17 of 40 (2,638 Views)

★★ Guide

Just got this with my non-active sim as well as soon as she started using the soccer ball. Image attached below.

Message 18 of 40 (2,598 Views)

Sim gets moodlet for traits Sim has never had

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a sim. Play around on it for a while, keeping an eye on the moodlets to see if wrong ones appear.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim I've noticed it on gets the tense moodlet for Not Enough Exercise (from Active trait) even though she doesn't and has never had the active trait. She does, however, have the clumsy trait, and her brother who is no longer in her household has the active trait.
What do you expect to see? Sims only get trait-related moodlets for traits they actually have.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I know there is already this thread specifically about when you get recurring trait moodlets after using cheats to change traits, but this sim has never had her traits changed either by cheats or the retrait potion, and she still gets moodlets for an active trait she doesn't have. It didn't happen while she was a teenager--her brother, who is actually active, constantly got the moodlet, and she was comparatively a breeze to keep happy. Since she's aged up and gone to college, though, I've noticed it pop up every couple of sim days if I don't have her go jogging or something.

I'm not sure when it started because I haven't played since October, and the family I'd been playing back then had had their traits modified by cheats.

Trait.PNG

Message 19 of 40 (2,572 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem as everyone else here. Rentals installed university and since then any time I do athletic actions with a sim I have who has never processed the “active” trait, he gets tense from “not enough exercise from the active trait.” Of course this moodlet starts to decline because at that particular moment he is performing some athletic action (jogging, playing with soccer ball, etc) but it appears again every time I start a new athletic action. Makes zero sense.

Message 20 of 40 (2,563 Views)