Re: [OPEN] No order with barista items

by unseenlarks

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] No order with barista items

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hi,

My sims can't order foods and drinks in Café lot by clicking the barista object.

It only works by clicking on the NPC barista.

I went into build mode on the lot, and remove the barista item. Then put a new one there but the issue still occurs.

Message 1 of 8 (2,263 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero
Looks like something was changed here. I now have the menu on both the barista and the barista object.

@NoahLGP can you confirm

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (1,887 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Duplicated and added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (2,227 Views)

★ Novice

I also have this problem. I've also begun to have a problem with the barista suddenly failing to recognize herself as a barista. She still cleans but stops mid-order and you can no longer order from her. At the same time, a message popped up stating there was nothing to sell on the lot (this is an unowned Maxis-made cafe lot, not a store lot). I clicked on the coffee counter and highlighted "Hire Staff" and a tooltip popped up that there was already a barista on the lot.

Message 3 of 8 (2,129 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

The "Order Food..." and "Order Drink..." interactions are only available on the counter if there is a Barista NPC standing behind the counter. It appears this is how it's always worked, I believe this issue is by design and nothing changed.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 8 (2,277 Views)

Hero
Looks like something was changed here. I now have the menu on both the barista and the barista object.

@NoahLGP can you confirm

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (1,888 Views)

★★ Expert

it's random for me. sometimes it shows, sometimes it doesn't.

Message 6 of 8 (1,743 Views)

Hero
Even when the barista is right behind ? What lot did you test ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (1,730 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

yes, "order drink" might not show, with the barista/bartender right behind the counter. it was a Newcrest lot in the upper section of the map. i forget which one, but will check later. (maybe Beach Byway?)

Message 8 of 8 (1,719 Views)