[FIXED] No family leave option

by marianlarsen

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] No family leave option

★ Novice

I  have tried different jobs and still not get this option at all.... but then after the game say your sim is due back to work after family leave which the sims never took

Message 81 of 114 (1,993 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Yep, just started Gen 4 on my legacy and still happening. Dad is an astronaut this time, I am keeping the mom unemployed so she can be caretaker. I don't have GF or would have put the parents in the acting career so I could get the parental leave. 

Just a note on taking the leave anyway - I experimented with just not going to work and treating it like the parental leave was in effect. The sim had a constant red blinking light about being late for work, and lost work performance. For me, the only way to get time off is to take vacation days, which is not always practical if you're working towards promotions or don't have enough built up. 

Message 82 of 114 (1,987 Views)

Re: [OPEN] No family leave option

★★ Guide

I am also having this issue, and I don't remember even seeing notifications about family leave. (I do not own Get Famous, either.)

Family 1: Both Tech Gurus (One Entrepreneur and the other E-Sports Gamer)

Family 2: Scientist and Politician (Charity Organizer)

Message 83 of 114 (1,840 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Happened to me today. Sims reached third trimester and game notified that both parents could take family leave. No option to do so though.

Message 84 of 114 (1,705 Views)

★★ Apprentice

So I created a new game to test Medical Profession and same issue, no Family Leave. Applied Simvasion's Mod and on restart she can take family leave again, and if the 2nd trimester was any indications, there is no way she can run around that hospital with that alien baby absorbing all her needs lol.

don't fear the mod, and enjoy family leave Standard smile

Message 85 of 114 (1,678 Views)

★ Apprentice

My SIm is in the Scientist Career, and not only is there no Family Leave Option, there is no vacation option and the game asked her to go to work while she was in labor......

Message 86 of 114 (1,604 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I am also having this issue. I haven't once seen the take family leave option on the phone with any of my saves. I have played with most careers and also unemployed sims. I have all EP/GP/SP and my game is patched up to date. The only mod/cc i have in game is a no mosaic mod. I have tried clearing cache and repairing my game but am still not seeing this option

Message 87 of 114 (1,592 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue.  I keep being offered family leave but only have the option to use my vacation time. Please fix!

Message 88 of 114 (1,530 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The option does not show on any of my sims. Fathers or mothers, of many different careers including, but not limited to: Political, Writer, Culinary, Athletic, Tech Guru, and Gardener, secret agent, ect. I am not sure what all of them are or were at the time, but it is a little annoying as I like to take that time to get my female sims needs in check and grind that initial parenting skill up. 

Before I installed the Get famous EP it was working just fine.

Message 89 of 114 (1,278 Views)

Re: Family leave option not appearing

★★★ Newbie

I am getting this as well but my career for the male is Tech Guru. I made his wife quit to take care of the baby.

I have Laundry Day, Outdoor Retreat, Seasons, and Cats and dogs

Message 90 of 114 (1,234 Views)