[FIXED] No family leave option

by marianlarsen

Original Post

Re: Family Leave Option Missing

Hero

Hi @troshalom 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 71 of 114 (1,634 Views)

Re: [OPEN] No family leave option

★ Guide
Same! And one time, they actually went into labor at work and automatically came home, only getting paid a fraction of their wages. They needed family leave!
Message 72 of 114 (1,579 Views)

Re: Family Leave

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem, my sim is a doctor and mum a stay-at-home.  Since the upday a couple of days ago, I cannot get rid of the celebrity walk either, which I hate, so disregarded that family, and now my Sim Dad can't take family leave.  The game is getting so many bugs, it is driving me nuits.

Message 73 of 114 (1,523 Views)

★★ Pro

This is still broken, because of the career test check for the actor career in the tuning file. So unless a Sim is in the acting career, then family leave isn't going to work. Why on earth, this career check was put in, I have no idea. It surely was a mistake.

Message 74 of 114 (1,498 Views)

Champion

Simple typo maybe?

@manzana0807 wrote:

This is still broken, because of the career test check for the actor career in the tuning file. So unless a Sim is in the acting career, then family leave isn't going to work. Why on earth, this career check was put in, I have no idea. It surely was a mistake.

I think the career test is meant to exist, because actors choose their own gig schedule and don’t need family leave.

But it’s missing a line that makes it apply only to actors, so instead the behaviour is reversed and it applies to everyone except actors.

Message 75 of 114 (1,472 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] No family leave option

★ Novice

I'm experiencing the same bug Frown 

My sim is in the writing career. Thank goodness for free daycare.

Message 76 of 114 (1,409 Views)

★ Novice

My sims are experiencing the same. They got the notice that they can take family leave but the option isn't available anymore. The female sim is in the medical career and the male sim is in the entertainer career. Though I don't think it has anything to do with the sims career. I think this is something that needs to be fixed. 

Message 77 of 114 (1,388 Views)

★ Novice

I used to be able to take family leave. 

Now I can't. 

My female is a SAHM and the dad works in social networking. I have the same problem with other families as well. They get the option that "Joe" can now take family leave, but when he goes to his phone  all he has on his phone is take a vacation, find or quit job.

I don't want to use his vacations days. I see that this is a known bug but it's been going on for several months now. 

I even just did a patch update this afternoon and it still hasn't been fixed.  

So when will be fixed? 

Message 78 of 114 (1,365 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree, this really has been going on for a long time now. I actually remember having this bug for longer than just November... In this thread there are many people, whos' sims have different careers.

The most annoying thing is that you can't get around this issue by going on the computer, the only option is the phone.

Message 79 of 114 (1,285 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] No family leave option

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

I have tested this now and it works fine for me.

So question to everyone:

• Which career is your Sim in ?

Mother is a scientist, father is in Entertainment.

Message 80 of 114 (1,162 Views)