[FIXED] No family leave option

by marianlarsen

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] No family leave option

Hero (Retired)

@emilianmodemusic  - I feel your pain, I am running a Legacy Challenge and can't put off having babies any more or my gen 4 will never happen. Definitely not going to do the 10 babies in one generation until this gets fixed lol.

As far as no vacation days available - the mother probably has the next day off? The option to take vacation doesn't appear until 24 hours before the next work day. 

Message 61 of 114 (1,781 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am having this problem too in more than one save. Tested this morning with no cc or mods still having the issue. Writer career but no fame stars at all yet. 

Message 62 of 114 (1,708 Views)

★★ Guide

Another simmer effected here. Two sims, writer and painter, get the popup that we can take family leave but the option isn't there. Fame is 2 for both. 

Message 63 of 114 (1,702 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same problem here since I started playing again, but I got Get Famous and a bunch of patches all at once after several months of not playing, so I'm not sure when it may have cropped up. Repaired, deleted caches etc., but so far it hasn't helped.

It has happened with mods/cc and without. Careers affected so far: Actor, Politician, Culinary, Gardening. Both parents get the popup message that they can take leave (or that it's over), but don't get the option on the phone to actually take the leave.

Message 64 of 114 (1,656 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hopefully, The Sims dev team releases a patch that includes a fix for this soon.

Message 65 of 114 (1,649 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having this problem too. No mods, only the deluxe edition. Mom is an entertainer and dad is in the culinary career.

Message 66 of 114 (1,577 Views)

★★★★ Guide

They changed family leave after baby is born you used to be able to request it during the third trimester, if the mother don't go to work in the third trimester she is automatically put on family leave work at home jobs won't show it, but they won't refresh until the proper time. I think the reason for this is some sims that work in active careers in GTW would get stuck at work while pregnant, but if you work in the hospital, you would have to leave work and come back in order to go to the hospital to have the kid, if the mother had the kid at work the baby would be stuck there so they just force family leave on all sims that are pregnant now.  You can tell it works if your sim misses work if your vacation days don't disappear and your non at home jobs will say "family leave."

Message 67 of 114 (1,557 Views)

★★ Guide
@Sid1701d9 That is still a bug though, but it might work as a temporary solution.
Message 68 of 114 (1,540 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Seriously EA can We just officialize Simvasion's "mod" patch and be done with this? Because he seemed to (possibly with others help) figure out the problem and create a solution so yeah, just maybe check it over then throw it into the next update or something? Because this is now going on to 3 months.  For people looking for a fix in the mean time (since I know how helpful EA is Raised eyebrow ) here is Simvasion's Wordpress page https://simvasion.wordpress.com/portfolio/family-leave-fix/#more-1844 but don't forget to hit the Me too button on the first page of this thread ( at the bottom of the first post)

Message 69 of 114 (1,508 Views)

Family Leave Option Missing

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work | Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat | Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Movie Hangout, Kids Room
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim employed in any career. Get the sim pregnant.
What happens when the bug occurs? Receive notification that sim can take family leave, but the option is not available on the phone. Then I will receive another notification after a few sim days that the sim's family leave is up. I presently am playing a sim family where the sim was impregnated by Father Winter and went into labor while working, she gave birth to twins. She cannot take family leave nor a vacation day so she will not be paid for the day.
What do you expect to see? I expect the game to automatically put the sim on family leave or at least see the option on the phone where the sim can take family leave. This sim doesn't have many vacation days. She shouldn't have to quit her job and be in poverty because she started a family.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Every sim family I have played that had a career and started a family has not been able to take family leave. I started playing the game around Christmas 2018 and only had the base game, season, get to work and outdoor adventure and from then until now I have not been able to take family leave with any of my sim families. This includes sim families that I have played that came loaded with the game, new sims I created and sims I downloaded. The family leave feature doesn't work.

I had this problem before I installed the custom hair and after.

Message 70 of 114 (1,427 Views)