Re: Family Leave

by NAUGHTYPEACHY

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] No family leave option

★★★★ Novice
In the legacy challenge I am currently doing, the mother is a gardener and the father is a secret agent.
Message 101 of 114 (1,887 Views)

Re: Family leave won't work for me on the Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

Hear hear, I bought the game in October and have never had the option. The time is getting a little ridiculous considering the amount of threads posted about this. 

Message 102 of 114 (1,855 Views)

Re: [OPEN] No family leave option

★★ Novice

Has anyone had this resolved since original posting? I had this issue on my mac and then recently bought for Xbox One and I have the same exact issue still. I got both notifications. I thought maybe you couldn't do it when they had a day off so I waited till the day before work and still nothing comes up. Frustrating.

Message 103 of 114 (1,823 Views)

★★★ Novice

I keep checking to see if it's been updated and nope Frown It's happened for 4 of my sims in the main household - writer, secret agent, gardener and painter

Message 104 of 114 (1,677 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I found this on a google search: Simvasion Family Leave Fix (EDIT: Removed mod link, please only name mods, don't link them)

The site gives a plausible explanation for the missing family leave opportunity: "For some reason, the game is testing to see if your sim has the actor career before it will allow the option to display on the phone. This means the option should show up if your sim is an actor, but for everyone else it will be missing. This fix implements the intended behaviour, which is to hide the option for sims with the actor career (because they work via gigs which they can choose not to take while pregnant), and allow the option to appear as intended for all other sim careers."

Hope EA will fix this soon.

I just tested the mod. It gave me back the possibility for the father, but not the mother.... Well, at least one of them can take family leave now...

Message 105 of 114 (1,651 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It's April, and it's happening to me. Has a fix for this been found yet??

Message 106 of 114 (1,584 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

There is a update coming on Tuesday the 16th (Wednesday the 17th for Australia and New Zealand) and it has been described as one of thd biggest patches for bug and glitch isses with the game. Hopefully we will finally be able to get our family leave back. Next week when the patch arrives. 

Message 107 of 114 (1,544 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have a pregnant sim ( she's in the acting career and the guy is unemployed ) and there is no option for my sim to take a family leave, even though other people have reported that they have been getting some for acting and nothing else.

Message 108 of 114 (1,503 Views)

Re: Family leave option not appearing

Hero

Expecting parents will once again be able to “Take Family Leave” via their phone to take time off from work.

Fixed in Patch 1.51.75

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 109 of 114 (11,813 Views)

Re: Family leave option not appearing

★★ Novice

Not for me. Downloaded patch today and got the notification again today with 2nd child, and still no option on the phone for either parent. Culinary & Writing career. Still can't take leave.

Message 110 of 114 (1,347 Views)