Re: [OPEN] No family leave option

by emilianmodemusic

Original Post

Champion

@NAUGHTYPEACHY wrote:

Has anyone contacted any of the Gurus about this issue? I know that they will say "well ok make sure to put it in the report a problem area" but I just thought it may be a good idea to let one of them know.

They know about it. If it's here, and the thread is marked as [OPEN] then the bug has been tested by volunteers and confirmed to exist, or reported multiple times by many players, and the info has probably been forwarded to the relevant people.

You can see this on Twitter if you want reassurance.

Message 51 of 114 (1,470 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I’ve contacted the gurus on twitter about this as well as the pet filling queue problem, which I also have. No response from them so far. No acknowledgment. I only copied Nick and Kate though. 

Message 52 of 114 (1,451 Views)

★ Novice

I just encountered this bug as well, my sims are unable to take family leave even though i got the notification that they now could. I hadn't played for most of last year, but I had never had this problem before and my game is updated to the latest patch. Hope they fix this soon, it's so annoying 

Message 53 of 114 (1,338 Views)

★ Novice

I am also having this problem, first baby. Mum is a detective and dad is in the business career. 

Message 54 of 114 (1,233 Views)

Re: Family Leave

★★★ Newbie

I would like to add to report an issue with the title Family Leave issue

It seems that every time my sims get pregnant they are given the option for family leave and yet the option is not available in the sims phone.

if this can be resolved i would greatly appreciate it.

Message 55 of 114 (1,174 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same here.

Expansion packs: Seasons & pets

One sim is tech guru, the other culinary.

No option for family leave.

Hope they get this sorted soon. 

Message 56 of 114 (1,167 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine happened after installing the Get to Work expansion. That was a few months ago and I've never been able to take family leave on any family I play since.

Message 57 of 114 (1,116 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Same thing happens to me along with several other issues, but for some reason I can't write my own post, so just searching for answers. Hopefully they can fix this issue soon!
Message 58 of 114 (1,066 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi all,

I am affected by this too and I just wanted to add this screenie because it was interesting to me. Sayuri, the mother, is technically unemployed but I filled in something with the Ministry of Labor and yet she still got a standard message that she was supposed to report back to work. 

Thank you for working to fix this as quickly as possible

Message 59 of 114 (944 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I've been having this issue too! At first, when the message came up saying 'You can take maternity leave now', and it didn't show up on the phone, I thought maybe it would trigger once the baby was born. But now I've just come back from the hospital, with twins no less, and the notif just popped up expecting the mother to go to work in an hour! No option for maternity leave for either parent on the phone, although the option to take a vacation day does appear. But I would rather not use up vacation days that could be used elsewhere when there's supposed to be an option built into the game for new parents to take time off!

The mother in this case is in the Writing Career (Author, level 7), with 5 stars of fame and a pristine reputation.
The father in this case is in the Spy Career (Diamond Agent, Level 8), with the same 5 stars of fame and a pristine reputation.

I hope this gets fixed soon, and I'm glad that I discovered this bug on my Supersim/Rags to Riches family, rather than the Generations Challenge I was going to do it on first!

Edit: Actually, the mother, despite having four vacation days available, doesn't have the option to take a vacation day at all!!

Message 60 of 114 (924 Views)