Re: [OPEN] No family leave option

by cs3k

Original Post

Re: Family Leave

Hero

Hi @YonderBiscuit50

there's currently a known issue with this.

I've merged your post with current bug report.

Please click me to on the first post.

Thank you for your report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 114 (7,836 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

This is the first time I've ever had a pregnant sim so thought I might be doing something wrong. I have the base game, holiday celebration pack and romantic garden installed. When my pregnant Sim got to the 3rd trimester she received the notice that she could take family leave, but there was no option to do so anywhere in the phone items. She is in the Tech guru career, but hasn't reached the branching part to choose a path yet. 

At the time, the baby's father was unemployed (they're married and living in the same household, if that matters), with the bestselling author's aspiration. No job was registered with the ministry of labor. He did get a job while she was in the third trimester, but he didn't get any notice about family leave (he has not actually gone to work yet, either, so that may be the way it works). She went into labor shortly after he registered for the job.

They're now home from the hospital, and neither has an option to take family leave. Both have "find a job" or "quit job" as their choices under work.

I cleared the cache, repaired the game, and same results. 

Edited to add: I have no CC or mods; never used

Message 12 of 114 (7,800 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Reporting this bug as well. 

One parent in Tech Guru, the other was Mixologist. This also happened to me on a completely different save game as well.

Edit: Tech Guru parent received the warning about going back to work because family leave was ending soon. So, it seems the game automatically puts you into family leave (once you receive the notification) but there was no visual indication, and it still let me go to work during that time frame. 

Message 13 of 114 (7,789 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@frozzted wrote:

Reporting this bug as well. 

One parent in Tech Guru, the other was Mixologist. This also happened to me on a completely different save game as well.

Edit: Tech Guru parent received the warning about going back to work because family leave was ending soon. So, it seems the game automatically puts you into family leave (once you receive the notification) but there was no visual indication, and it still let me go to work during that time frame. 

I was returning to add this bit of info, too - It seems that when it tells you that the sim is eligible for family leave, it marks the sim as "on leave" as far as the counter is concerned. However, in my case, it still sent my pregnant sim to work. I even called in and took a vacation day the day before she gave birth, but it sent my sim to work anyway. After giving birth, both parents (the Tech guru mother and Writer father who had never attended work yet) received 4 days off. (Edit again - not certain, I may have missed that they were the usual days off during this time. Subsequent births did not receive any time off before or after birth) I didn't attempt to send either to work during this time, and they stayed home. Then it announced that the family leave was over.

Message 14 of 114 (7,750 Views)

Re: Family leave option not appearing

★ Novice

It isn't just with Get Famous. I run the base game on a Mac with only the sporty add on, and I can confirm that the option to take family leave doesn't appear on the phone either, since the latest upgrade. Other things seem to have vanished, such as the ability to earn points with various interactions.

Message 15 of 114 (7,661 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] No family leave option

★★★ Apprentice

Having the same issue. Sim in question (the pregnant mother) was in Tech Guru career. The latest patch, without Get Famous.

Message 16 of 114 (7,595 Views)

★ Guide
My Sim is in the Detective career.
Message 17 of 114 (7,572 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Returning to say - gosh, this is really annoying while trying to do my first-ever legacy challenge! :D

So, the tech mother and the writer father are the founders of my legacy challenge. I went into a panic because the father was going to die soon, and the mother was going to age up soon, and I still don't have a qualifying heir. Not really relevant, except to say that momma has been knocked up within a day or two of giving birth a couple of times now, and there is never any family leave option.

Reminder - playing base game with no mods or cc - never used. This was a new save game after the GF patch.

The parents have had 3 more children since this started, every time they are given the notice that they can take family leave, but there is never an option for them to do so. The game auto-sends them to work every work day as usual.  I had thought that after the first one, the family leave was automatically taken, but I may have missed that it was their days off? Because in the past 3 births, they will each get sent to work every day before and after, then receive a notice that they can't take any more family leave and work continues as usual. Twice, the poor mother came home from work, went into labor & gave birth, then went to work the next day with hunger and sleep needs decaying really fast. I can take vacation days during the "family leave" time (if I remember to do it).

I have tried clearing cache and repairing the game with no effect. Any other info needed, let me know. 

Message 18 of 114 (7,564 Views)

★★★ Novice

Add me to the list.  I thought my game was goobered up. Since I was starting a new legacy, I just deleted the first game (mom was business career, dad was athletic career). 

After running game repair, I restarted a legacy game and had the same issue: mom is astronaut, dad is criminal.

Message 19 of 114 (7,522 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I am reporting this issue as well. I do NOT have Get Famous, but have all other expansions. No CC or mods whatsoever. 

"Take family leave" is not an option, and actually none of my sims have the "Take PTO" option either, even though they clearly have PTO saved up. 

Message 20 of 114 (7,484 Views)