Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] No family leave option

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous. GP: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood. SP: Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Spooky, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry Day.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a pregnant sim in the 3rd trimester.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is no option for my sim to take out family leave.
What do you expect to see? An option for my sim to take family leave.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch from 11/13/2018 and Get Famous EP

I have a couple expecting their first child. I got notifications for both sims that they can now take family leave. But there is no longer an option on their phones to take family leave, where it used to be. I have only had this problem after the latest update and the Get Famous EP.

Edit to add: mother is in the cullinary career, father is in the style-influencer career.

Message 1 of 114 (32,161 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Family leave option not appearing

Hero

Expecting parents will once again be able to “Take Family Leave” via their phone to take time off from work.

Fixed in Patch 1.51.75

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 109 of 114 (11,795 Views)

All Replies

Family leave option not appearing

★★ Novice

Since the get famous update I’ve been experiencing a few problems one of which being that my sims after getting the notification saying they can now take family leave once the mother reached that point in the pregnancy. Has the option been moved or are other people experiencing this as well? 

Message 2 of 114 (31,993 Views)

Re: Family leave option not appearing

Hero

HI @MythicalEmma

this might be a bug. Haven't had a chance to test this

I merged your post with an existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 114 (31,978 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] No family leave option

Hero

I have tested this now and it works fine for me.

So question to everyone:

• Which career is your Sim in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 114 (31,953 Views)

★ Apprentice
Hi, again. I had this issue as well.

The pregnant sim is a painter and the father is a writer [both got fame stars] – doesn't let you take family leave before or after the birth. Notification to say I could use family leave, but not option on phone. Another, protocol, notification a couple of days after birth saying I cannot take any more family leave, but I hadn't used any days.

My sim is pregnant again, so I will let you know if the option disappears or not.
Message 5 of 114 (31,934 Views)

★ Apprentice
I can confirm that it happens again, on second pregnancy as well as first.
Message 6 of 114 (31,919 Views)

★★★ Novice
My SIM Daddy is in the gardening career, no family leave option is available, they've had the notices. I did notice that all the work stuff has been moved to its own tab and the option to 'call in fake sick' wasn't available until after my SIM was awake. I thought maybe the option to take family leave would appear if he was awake, that's the only reason I noticed that was different too.
Message 7 of 114 (31,894 Views)

★★ Novice

My sims are both entertainers. (And I saw someone else mention fame stars, both are 5 star celebrities) 

Message 8 of 114 (31,882 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 114 (31,816 Views)

Family Leave

★★ Novice

With the new update, I have no idea how to take family leave. I believe it used to be on the phone under the job tab, but now I can't find it. 

Message 10 of 114 (31,775 Views)