[FIXED] No Wrinkles on Elders/Adults

by CrowRidgeStudio

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] No Wrinkles on Elders/Adults

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Some of my elders age up without wrinkles. I see them if I bring them into CAS, but they don't show in live mode. It seems to be random, as some of my elder sims in live mode *do* show wrinkles on their faces.

I've read about there being a bug with sims looking toned in CAS, but missing the tone when brought into live mode, so I'm wondering if this is related, and possibly a glitch where some skin overlays show correctly in CAS, but not always in live mode.

Message 1 of 23 (18,825 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: No Wrinkles on Elders

Hero

I believe this to be fixed

Tagging @elelunicy for confirmation

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 20 of 23 (17,775 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I would love to see a fix for this in game; something, anything..one of my sims thats aged up to elder appears to not only be missing the wrinkle over lay "in live mode" for the elder stage, but it also seems that he lost the adult stage overlay "tired eyes",.. so my elder actually looks significantly younger than he did as an adult, and most young adults (aka Benjamin Button.)  

I've been playing around it, but he looks to be attending highschool and he is a 120 day old sim..its actually quite ridiculous; also its the same here for me..where things are normal in CAS, and only a few sims in Live Mode experience the bug, some appear normal and have the elder wrinkle overlay.

'

Its become a bit bothersome at this point..I believe its mostly my own CAS creations that end up with the bug,..however I cannot confirm that since I have moved in other/premade sims who when aging up gained elder wrinkles, but shortly after lost them as a resident in my one household - as if it were some kind of contagious youth flu.

Just adding input.

Message 2 of 23 (18,708 Views)

Elders don't have wrinkles

★★ Novice

Hi,

I recently had a female sim age up and I noticed that she has no wrinkles or blemishes on her face at all in live mode. But in CAS, her face is very wrinkled and weathered looking. Apart from the grey hair, she looks exactly as she did as a young adult.

This is not a problem with all elders in live-mode. I have flown by a few random elders out and about who have had wrinkled faces, it just appears to be affecting certain sims.

Message 3 of 23 (18,512 Views)

Re: Elders don't have wrinkles

[ Edited ]
Hero

Are you using any mods ?

Could you post a pic how it looks in CAS and one from live mode ?

Added though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 23 (18,510 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

I have a couple of mods, yes. I removed them all and loaded the game to see if that fixed the problem, but alas it persisted.

Anyway, here are the comparison pictures.

In CAS: http://oi61.tinypic.com/30i8c9x.jpg

In-game: http://oi58.tinypic.com/bf45tw.jpg

Her face is completely smooth.

Message 5 of 23 (18,500 Views)

Hero

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 23 (18,494 Views)

Sims look different than CAS

★ Novice

When my sim aged up into an elder, I noticed that he didn't have any wrinkles; just gray hair. I thought that maybe he aged well and didn't get any. But when taking him into CAS i noticed that he did have wrinkles and bags under his eyes, they just weren't showing up in game. After this, I started noticing that many of my sims aren't accurate to what they look like in CAS. Another example is that another one of my sims is very toned in CAS, but in game he has an average body. This has been going on for a while, with both faces and bodys being inaccurate.

My sims in-game: 

http://postimg.org/image/ga6wqtbpl/

My sims in CAS: 

http://postimg.org/image/vhmwb63k9/

http://postimg.org/image/4ij1g0h3d/

http://postimg.org/image/erbilu555/

Message 7 of 23 (18,572 Views)

Re: Sims look different than CAS

Hero

@concubinecarlie Merged with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 23 (18,564 Views)

★★ Novice

My settings are maxed fyi.

My sims bodies are accurate in and out of CAS - what is infrequent however is the wrinkle overlay for elders.

Many sims in Live Mode, (in game) have many, many wrinkles..whether they are obese, muscular etc, they have the noticeable elder wrinkles...however many, if not most, of My elder sims specifically.. do not have the wrinkle overlay at all; which makes for pretty a jarring age transition.

In CAS every elder has the correct wrinkle overlay "face lines" - in game not every sim does.

Message 9 of 23 (18,553 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm finding myself discovering this as well, I just never noticed because I never played elders until now.

I have tested both with and without CC and/or Mods.

However, I travelled with the elder sim by herself to the museum, and lo and behold, travelling seems to have given her wrinkles!

Message 10 of 23 (18,418 Views)