[FIXED] No Ask To Leave Interaction/Missing Lot Type

by GamerGuySteve

Original Post

Re: No Ask To Leave Interaction/Missing Lot Type after 12/16/2014 Update

★★★ Newbie

I have changed my lot type to residential and it didn't change the fact that guests come in and eat and sleep there. I can't interact with them and say "goodbye" either. help please!

Message 61 of 74 (712 Views)

Hero

Try restarting the game

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 62 of 74 (710 Views)

★★★ Newbie
For me, it happened when I used my house as a wedding spot. My guess is that it changed the lot to a "Wedding Venue" or similar.
Message 63 of 74 (695 Views)

Hero

Did you check what lot type it has ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 64 of 74 (694 Views)

Just experienced this for the first time. The lot was still residential. 

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 65 of 74 (719 Views)

Hero

Then I would say a new thread is needed. This issue has been fixed. If it's back and the lots are residential, then it sounds like something new.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 66 of 74 (718 Views)

Solution to the Residential/Generic Lot Bug (Sims won't leave house)

★ Novice

If anyone who is having problems with random sims milling about in your house and sleeping in your beds... Check the status of your lot by going into build/buy and into the lot info panel then check if the lot is set as generic or residential. If it is set as generic, other sims will identify your lot as a community and not residential. The problem doesn't have to do with the actual house or family... It just seems to be a bug within the actual lot.

Some people have said that starting a new game and placing your saved family/house into the new world helps... Which it does, but you do lose all of your relationships, reward points... Etc. Instead of moving worlds you can just simply upload your house to your library then move that house onto a different lot and move your family back into the house. When the house is placed on a different lot it's automatically recognized as residential instead of generic. Problem solved.

Message 67 of 74 (691 Views)

Re: Solution to the Residential/Generic Lot Bug (Sims won't leave house)

Hero

@Woodsiy Are you saying residential lots are being reset to generic lots again ?

This was fixed ages ago.

Did this just randomly happen to your lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 68 of 74 (680 Views)

★ Novice

@crinrict Yeah it happened to my lot yesterday and I had no idea why. It didn't happen to any of the other lots in my world but just my one lot in particular and sims were inviting themselves into my house and never leaving (because lot was labelled as generic).

So it seems like there is still an issue with it, but the way around it is to ditch the bugged lot and move your family onto a different lot in the same world.

Message 69 of 74 (675 Views)

Hero

Is it something you downloaded or build yourself (originally) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 70 of 74 (671 Views)