by Sabouma

Original Post

Re: House guest won't leave

Hero

@kare423 Merged. Please refer to the solution post of this thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 74 (21,596 Views)

problem with Sims 4

★★★★★ Apprentice

Since about a week I have a weird issue with the Sims 4:

A visitor knocks on the door. I choose the option: ask visitor to come in. Visitor will not wait for this but just comes in. After a while my sim wants to go to sleep, but has no option to ask the visitor to leave. This causes the visitor to stay in the house for days. Sometimes he/she leaves on his/her own, but otherwise stays.

This is a seriously annoying bug, especially after I already renamed my TS4 folder to backup and started over....

Message 42 of 74 (21,605 Views)

Re: problem with Sims 4

Hero

@Sabouma Merged. Please refer to the solution post of this thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 74 (21,591 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Solution post? 

Message 44 of 74 (21,587 Views)

Hero

Go to the first post, click on go to solution and follow instructions in said post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 45 of 74 (21,595 Views)

Sims show up in my house randomly and I can't ask them to leave

★ Novice

I currently have 5 random sims in my current household's house that none of my sims even know. I had my sim introduce themselves and tried to ask the random sims to leave but the "Ask to Leave" interaction isn't there. The sims won't leave my house and act like they live in my house but I don't have control of them. This didn't seem to be an issue until one of more recent patches. The only way I have found that resolves the issue is to either delete the sims in manage households (which is tough because I've deleted over 7 families and I don't want to lose people in my town) or to switch to their household if they live in the world and make them leave. I also would like to add that if I invite anyone over to my house like a friend they won't be able to leave either. They will carry on their lives as if they were in their own homes. I'm completly lost at what to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Message 46 of 74 (21,583 Views)

Re: Sims show up in my house randomly and I can't ask them to leave

★ Novice

Nevermind.

I was able to search through the bugs list and it turns out that my lot somehow ended up listed as a "Generic" lot and not a residential. I evicted the household, changed the lot type and everything is back to normal.

Message 47 of 74 (21,580 Views)

NPCs won't leave lot

★ Novice

This has happened twice now: I've made my sim family, and moved them into a house, only to immediately have whatever NPCs that are roaming the streets within around the neighborhood enter my house without knocking and not leave. Asking them to leave isn't an option for any of my sims for the NPCs. Last time this happened was during the daytime, when there were 15 people around the neighborhood who all entered my 1 bedroom and bathroom house and didn't leave for at least 12 sim hours, at which I stopped playing because one of my sims had died from embarrasment from not being able to use the bathroom in time due to the 5 other sims all waiting to use it before him.

The house is one I downloaded from the gallery before moving my sims in, so perhaps that might be a factor? I'm just not sure.

Message 48 of 74 (21,540 Views)

Re: Sims show up in my house randomly and I can't ask them to leave

Community Manager

Heya everyone,

I just wanted to acknlowledge that we are aware of this issue and that we will investigate it as soon as the studio is back in from the holidays.

In the meantime please stick to the interim workaround as posted by @GamerGuySteve (thanks!) here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/No-Ask-To-Leave-Interaction-Missing-Lot-Type-after-1...

Cheers,

Nils

Message 49 of 74 (21,538 Views)

Re: NPCs won't leave lot

Hero

@crystalanthemums Merged. Please refer to the solution post of this thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 74 (21,532 Views)