Re: Unwanted visitors

by lindawing

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 visitors won't leave

Hero

@simrobbert Merged your thread. Please refer to the solution post of this thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 74 (1,099 Views)

Strangers in my household without permission

★★★ Newbie

I see that people were talking about this issue back when the game was first releised, but don't see that a solution has been found so I'm going to bring this up again...

I just had two unknown sims walk into my house and make themselves at home! I know there are no locks on the doors, but usally other sims would just stand outside and knock or wait to be invited in. These guys just walked right in like they were part of my household and are eating my food and sleeping in my beds. The game is also not giving me an option to 'Ask To Leave' and insulting and fighting with them is just making them destroy things in my house, but isn't causing them to leave.

Does anyone know if EA is working on adding door locks or if there is a trick to keeping unwanted sims out of your house?

Message 32 of 74 (1,101 Views)

sims 4bugs

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
Random sims enter house and will never leave
Message 33 of 74 (1,104 Views)

Re: Strangers in my household without permission

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ptxheather85 @mikaeldavis18 Merged. Please refer to the solution post of this thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 74 (1,096 Views)

Unwanted visitors

★ Novice

When I load my game, within the first minute of playing several people enter my house and I can not ask them to leave. No one in my household knows these people. This has happened twice and both times they were elders who barged into my home. They make themselves at home, eat/cook, use everything, sleep. Anyone know of a solution for this?

Message 35 of 74 (1,098 Views)

Re: Unwanted visitors

★★ Apprentice

Yes...when I went into my family who had no visitors when I left them (which was after the update), there were three extra Sims there, who would not leave no matter how many times they were told to go away, or told goodbye. They just went and slept in the beds, ate the food, swam in the pool, used the bathrooms, watched the TV, read to the kids, etc....as if they were family.

Finding no other way to make them go away or delete them, I finally moved one at a time into the family (there were already six members), then used the cas.fulleditmode cheat to delete the unwanted Sims. I suppose I could have just had them use a computer to move out, but I didn't want them related to my Sims family in any way, and there are already enough townies in the household management panel, thank you very much! After I moved each one into the family, by the way, there was still the option to move them into the family! Weird!

Anyway...I'm waiting to see if more "friends" come live with them when I go in next time. If they do, I don't know what I'll do, if they come, because now the family baby has been born, and true to what I've seen from other posts since the update...it was twins! Oh oh!

Message 36 of 74 (1,091 Views)

Re: No Ask To Leave Interaction/Missing Lot Type after 12/16/2014 Update

Hero

@mikaeldavis18 @xrunaplays @lindawing Merged. Please refer to the solution post of this thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 74 (1,080 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks, Crin. Workaround noted. Sure hope EA fixes this one pretty fast! ;-)

Message 38 of 74 (1,064 Views)

House guest won't leave

★★★ Newbie

One of the other players from a different household came over for a visit.  But now she won't leave.  I didn't invite her to move in or anything like that.  She has stayed for days.  And I don't see any option to ask her to leave.  This started happening after the last update to the game.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Or does anyone know how to get rid of an unwanted houseguest?

Message 39 of 74 (1,054 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This has happened to me twice now. The first time took a lot of moving and moving out ... trouble and headaches (it was about 10 people from all over!).

This time around it was actually people my family knew. So with testing cheats on, I invited them to move in. Then I went to manage household and moved them back in to their respective lots.

Problem solved.

With that said, perhaps create a random household you can move people into if this problem arrises before the bug is fixed. Then you can go in and delete the household.

Message 40 of 74 (1,055 Views)