Re: Guests Don't Want To Leave

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] No Ask To Leave Interaction/Missing Lot Type

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have not experienced this bug personally, but am relaying it from a post on the Sims forums here.

The user in question is not using any mods and has always run The Sims 4 as vanilla.   When a sim comes to visit or is invited over, they never leave autonomously and there is no option to ask them to leave.   Another user posted a possible source of the problem and a workaround to get things running smoothly again.

"Check the lot designation status in build mode, under the 'Lot Info Panel' tab. There should be a house icon with the word Residential next to it. If instead, there is a coloured square with 'name' next to it, then the game for some reason has change it to a generic community lot, and Sims in the area are using as your house as such. That is why you cannot ask them to leave.

I had this problem earlier, when pretty much all the immediate Sims in the area walked into my house and made themselves at home! I had no interaction to ask them to leave, My loner Sim nearly had a nervous breakdown 'Major Stranger Danger!' The only way I found to fix this, was to first evict my Sims, change the lot back to residential and then move them back in...hope this helps."

Posting this here to get it added to the list and to let others know of the apparant work around.  Hopefully this will help save someone's sanity.  Standard smile

EDIT: Changed Thread Title to indicate that the two issues are related to one another.

Message 5 of 74 (86,893 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: No Ask To Leave Interaction after 12/16/2014 Update

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Curiosity got the best of me, so I did some testing to deliberately replicate the issue myself.   What I found was that if you place a lot from your library (or the gallery) that was saved prior to the 12/16/2014 patch, it loses it's lot type.   This confirms that this is, in fact, the same issue that was reported about lots in the gallery losing their lot type.

An interim work around for people who like to use gallery houses:

1. Move your family onto a different lot
  2. Enter Manage Worlds
  3. Select the lot you want to place that nice gallery house on and go into build mode.  (Click the "..." after clicking on the lot, and select Build Mode from there)
  4. Place the house or venue
  5. Go into Lot Info and set the Lot Type to Residential
  6. Move your family into their fancy new home.

EDIT: Accepted this as solution since it's a way to solve the issue. The underlying problem still needs to be fixe by Maxis

Here's step by step instructions with pictures: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/808839/step-by-step-instruction-on-how-to-get-rid-of-unwa...

View in thread

Message 9 of 74 (97,415 Views)

All Replies

Guests Don't Want To Leave

★★ Novice

After the december update, my sim had friends invited over and I've realized there's no "Ask To Leave" interaction last time there's two but now both are complete gone now, I have 8 guests in the house and they have no plans of leaving. Please Help Guys thanks a lot!

Message 1 of 74 (79,831 Views)

Hero

Are you using any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 74 (79,824 Views)

★★ Novice

No I'm not using any mods

Message 3 of 74 (79,819 Views)

Guest sims won't go home

★★★ Newbie

I'm just wondering why my Sims house/party guests won't go home?

Message 4 of 74 (86,849 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Might be moving this to the bug forum. Need to check it out in my game.

Is this an existing or new game ? If it's an existing game, did you try if it's there in a new one (for testing purposes) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 74 (79,805 Views)

Re: Guest sims won't go home

Hero

Are you using mods in your game ? Does this happen in a game you started before yesterday's patch or did you start a new one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 74 (86,845 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm also having this issue since the new patch. I don't have mods or add ins and it just started with the patch. My guests don't even have the option of "ask to leave." I finally got my sims girlfriend to leave by taking her on a date to another lot and then just not going home with her. That's the only solution I have, going to a public lot with the guest sim and then leaving them there. Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 8 of 74 (86,839 Views)

Re: No Ask To Leave Interaction after 12/16/2014 Update

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Curiosity got the best of me, so I did some testing to deliberately replicate the issue myself.   What I found was that if you place a lot from your library (or the gallery) that was saved prior to the 12/16/2014 patch, it loses it's lot type.   This confirms that this is, in fact, the same issue that was reported about lots in the gallery losing their lot type.

An interim work around for people who like to use gallery houses:

1. Move your family onto a different lot
  2. Enter Manage Worlds
  3. Select the lot you want to place that nice gallery house on and go into build mode.  (Click the "..." after clicking on the lot, and select Build Mode from there)
  4. Place the house or venue
  5. Go into Lot Info and set the Lot Type to Residential
  6. Move your family into their fancy new home.

EDIT: Accepted this as solution since it's a way to solve the issue. The underlying problem still needs to be fixe by Maxis

Here's step by step instructions with pictures: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/808839/step-by-step-instruction-on-how-to-get-rid-of-unwa...

Message 9 of 74 (97,416 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Go into build mode and check your lot type.  Make sure it is Residential.  Lot types in the gallery and library that were saved prior to the patch lost their lot types, turning them into generic public lots.   To fix it, temporarily move your family to a different lot, go into manage worlds and enter build mode on the affected lot(s), set their lot type back to residential, then you can safely move back in.   

Hope this helps.

Message 10 of 74 (86,834 Views)