Re: No Ask To Be BFFs Option

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] No Ask To Be BFFs Option

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have GTW, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, PP Stuff and LP Stuff, and have taken all my mods out and repaired the game, but my two young adult sims for some reason cannot ask the other to be BFFs, despite the fact that neither have any BFFs and their green bars are full, as well as their pink bars. I'm updated to the latest patch, on PC.

EDIT (crin): This is probably the same issue as this one: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Can-t-make-friends/td-p/4661055/

Leaving it as two threads for now but try the solutions provided in the other thread.

Message 1 of 13 (6,121 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Since I believe this to have been connected to the friendship bug and I have no troubles with BFFs, I'm marking this as fixed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 11 of 13 (6,124 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Just put your save game back, nothing else. If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

If it still doesn't work, this might be connected to the can't make friends bug or either Sim has an issue. Try moving them out and back in then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (6,102 Views)

★ Guide

I did those steps up to putting my saved games back in, and they still couldn't make friends. Started a new game with all my saved games still in, and two other sims can make best friends Frown I think that save is just corrupted. 

Message 3 of 13 (6,096 Views)

Hero

Depends, if it's the same issue as the can't make friends then it's just that you did it now without going traveling in between.

So to be sure (and if you have the patience/time), could you try this:

Start a new game yet again, then become friends with two sims (not bff, just friends), then go traveling, then come back and try to become bff

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (6,090 Views)

★ Guide

I may test if I have the patience, but I'm very sure that this is the problem - changing lot causes the relationship to get stuck - as the sim was a scientist so I played at her workplace. Hope this gets solved in the next patch. Devil Thanks for your help. Will just avoid travelling for now.

Message 5 of 13 (6,085 Views)

Hero

Yeah, I'm just unsure if it affects BFF too or just the stage from impartial to friend Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (6,083 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm pretty sure it affects BFF as well. I have two sims who can't become best friends as well. They were stuck at impartial, but I began a romantic relationship. The romance part took care of the impartial issue, but there's no option to be BFFs even though the friendship bar is full. It kind of stinks since this means one of the soulmate aspiration requirements can't be filled.

Message 7 of 13 (6,080 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

OK. Thanks

I'll leave it as separate for now but the same rules probably apply. It's just for easier finding.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (6,062 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (6,046 Views)

Hero

This works fine for me now

Any feedback ?

@EloquentMyDear @Crystal_Talian

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (5,942 Views)