Re: Baby/Cradle doesn't give option to Age Up if you have aging turned off.

by Jaxenth

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] New born sims wont age up

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Previously I could age up my newborn Sims at any time....now that I have downloaded the patches I can't age them up at all.

Message 1 of 9 (11,588 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: new born sims wont age up

[ Edited ]
Hero

This has been fixed in Patch 1.0.797.20

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (11,720 Views)

All Replies

Baby/Cradle doesn't give option to Age Up if you have aging turned off.

★★★ Apprentice

...which makes sense logically, but it means you have a permanent baby.

With aging turned off, the baby shouldn't age up on its own but you should still have the option.

Message 2 of 9 (11,581 Views)

★★★ Novice

Do you have aging set to off in your household? If so, go through the options, and enable aging for your household, age up the newborn, and then turn it off again.

It was pretty annoying they've changed it. Hopefully, they'll change it back so you can age your Sims with the setting off again.

Message 3 of 9 (11,569 Views)

★★★ Novice

Actually I can't age anybody up if aging is turned off.  I've tried different familys, different ages.  But with the birthday cake it gives me the message that the sim I clicked on doesn't have a "birthday" so to speak.  Its not just babies.  I've completely stopped playing until this is fixed. I am playing several families and want to manually manage the aging, but an now unable to.

Message 4 of 9 (11,575 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

They used to let us age any Sim/baby with aging turned off. Now, we have to turn it on just to age the Sim, then turn it off again. Really annoying addition to the last patch.

I agree with you, and hope it's reverted to how it was set up before.

Message 5 of 9 (11,571 Views)

★★ Novice

I also am having my babies not age to children on their own, no option to age them up, and birthday cakes saying "Sim is not eligible to age up" when I try to use one. I play with aging off. 

I had all these options available before the patch (which I loved, because I could choose WHEN everyone aged up, instead of sitting and waiting for them to do it, or having someone I didn't want to age do so, with aging on).

Really hope this gets fixed asap, cause this was a main point for me playing the game.

Message 6 of 9 (11,547 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

This has been fixed in Patch 1.0.797.20

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (11,721 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

It's not fixed. I can't age up babies when aging is off. Only children and older Sims can age up via the cake. On Babys i have no option. I have to take aging on to age babies up. 

Edit: Solved for me too. After I reinstalled the game. 

Message 8 of 9 (11,525 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Seriously ? So sad. 

EDIT: Works for me. Not on the cake though but on the crib itself.

@MrWilsonW 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (11,520 Views)