Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] New Game / Load Game buttons missing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Start new game. 2. create new sim. 3. Enter game, but DO NOT choose a lot. 4. Do not save game (can't unless you choose a lot). 5. Exit to the main menu or exit game.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the new sim is abandoned without choosing a lot, the New Game and Load game buttons are missing from the main screen. Even if you restart the client. You cannot access prior saves or start over. You must hit the play button, at which point you'll return to the map screen to select a lot for the new sim. Until you select a lot, you will not be able to access prior saves.
What do you expect to see? I expected to see the New Game and Load Game buttons, as I was abandoning the new sim file (I'd just created it to see the original name of a lot that had been overridden by a player made lot). I understand why this MAY have been intentional, but I also think it might be confusing for other players.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I started a new household just to see the name of a base game lot. When I exited to the main menu without saving (or choosing a lot for the random sim I was forced to create) the options to save/load game were missing from the landing screen.

I restarted the game client, and still the "load game" button was missing. I hit "play" and I was directed to the random sim and the base file.

I don't know if this is intentional?

Message 1 of 8 (5,036 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The sims 4

Hero

• The Load option from the Main Menu will no longer go missing after creating a household in a new save, and exiting the game before placing them on a lot.

This issue should be fixed with Patch 1.36

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (4,920 Views)

All Replies

Re: New Game / Load Game buttons missing

Hero

Hi @IslaRoses

yes, this is a known issue with quite a few threads about it in the tech forum as most people don't make the connection as you did.

Although it's probably more of a tech issue than a bug, I'm going to add and leave this here.

You can just start the game and move the SIm in then you should have you buttons back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (4,973 Views)

The sims 4

★★★ Newbie

My The Sims 4 seems to have some kind of bug because when I want to continue playing a family after I have saved and shut it down, there is only the play button available. Which means i cannot load a saved game, i can't even choose something other then the play button and when i press the Play button i get straight to making a new family. Does anyone know why this is happening? It was not like this in the begging, but started happen about 6 months ago and i bought the sims 4 about a year ago. I have deleted the sims 4 and also origin, and then download it again to start over, but that did not help. Please help me if you know what the problem is.

Carin

Message 3 of 8 (4,966 Views)

Hero

Hi @shadikshirram

I merged your post with the bug report on the issue

What you need to do is move in that family and then go back to the main menu. After that you should have all your buttons back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (5,039 Views)

Re: New Game / Load Game buttons missing

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, I noticed that after my buttons were missing -- I just moved the sim into a lot, then exited to the main menu. I just wasn't sure if it was intended -- I probably should have looked it up first :X 

Message 5 of 8 (4,914 Views)

Help loading saved games

★★★ Newbie

Hey all, I just redownloaded Sims 4 after about a year break.  I'm sure some things have changed since I last played but I am having a major issue.  Every time I open the game it makes me create a new household.  I am never given the option to load a game or any existing households.  I save my games vigilantly and can never seem to recover them after exiting the game.  I attached a picture of the screen I see when the game loads.  If I am missing something here, please let me know, I am at a total loss. Thanks!!Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 11.09.07 PM.png

Message 6 of 8 (4,826 Views)

Re: Help loading saved games

Hero

Hi @madrose329

merged your post with exiting bug report

As a workaround, click on Continue. You will be taken to that move in screen. Move the family in. Then exit the game and you reload it. You should have your buttons back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (4,808 Views)

Hero

• The Load option from the Main Menu will no longer go missing after creating a household in a new save, and exiting the game before placing them on a lot.

This issue should be fixed with Patch 1.36

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (4,921 Views)