Re: [OPEN] Toddlers Needs Decreases at a Rapid Rate Since Nov 2019 Update

by Shaina11

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Needs Decreases at a Rapid Rate Since Nov 2019 Update

★★★ Newbie
@crinrictBellaDonnaDog75 yeah my sims have twin toddlers and it´s a nightmare. I feed them and give them a bath before they have to sleep again. I always get a warning that they might be taken away even though all the parents do is taking care of them and being exhausted from taking care of them. The toddlers doesn´t even have time to play when awake and I always have to wake them to feed or they will starve. The toddlers moods goes down in the same rate as a sim in labour. Very annoying.
Message 61 of 100 (1,264 Views)

Hero
Until this is resolved and for folks not minding mods, it might be an idea to just use a slower decay mod.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 62 of 100 (1,230 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

LittleMsSam has a mod on her Discord server that fixes the needs decay that I'm using and it's restored my Sim's needs decay back to pre-patch levels. She made it as a test fix for someone else who asked about it there, so I have no idea if she plans a public release for it or not.

MC Command Center works well too, but it might take some trial and error to get the right balance.

Message 63 of 100 (1,217 Views)

The needs of my toodler drop quickly

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? Last one
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ...
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ...
What happens when the bug occurs? ...
What do you expect to see? ...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. When I bought the new expansion.

Hi,

I play the sims 4 and I just bought The sims 4 University.

Since then, when I play the sims with toodler, their needs drop really quickly so it makes it impossible to play with them.

They're always hungry, they always need to sleep... I can't do anything with them because they always need something.

Is this the game or only my save?

I love my family and I wouldn't like to delete it because of that. Is there a solution?

Thank you.

Message 64 of 100 (1,170 Views)

★ Pro

How many hours do adults/elders have to wait after applying for university? 6h (default: 24h) or 1.5h (-> bug affects more than just motives)?

Message 65 of 100 (1,140 Views)

Re: The needs of my toodler drop quickly

★★★ Expert
@jadousims3 There is an existing thread on this problem: [OPEN] Toddlers Needs Decreases at a Rapid Rate Since Nov 2019 Update. Many others are describing the same problem you are seeing. I'm pretty sure it's the game and not your save. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.
Message 66 of 100 (1,147 Views)

Re: The needs of my toodler drop quickly

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

LOL, I was gonna point to this thread for @jadousims3 and @RandomBuzziness , but it got merged as I typed this. (It's also affecting console players, too: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS4-Fast-need-decay/m-p/6439066#M52350) Not the same bug, sorry!

Also, thanks for the fix mod info, @manzana0807 ! LittleMsSam saves the day again! \.3./

(They should still do something about it, though.)

Message 67 of 100 (1,132 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@manzana0807Could you let me know where exactly I can find that? I did download Discord and I'm at LittleMsSam's Cozy Corner, but I'm having trouble finding the mod.

Message 68 of 100 (1,093 Views)

★★ Pro

@crazycatlady422  I grabbed it over the weekend and I can't remember which of her channels it was on, unfortunately. Just check all of the channels. I'd share it with you myself, but that's probably not good form. The file attachment was called Decay Test Fix.

Message 69 of 100 (1,086 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Toddlers Needs Decreases at a Rapid Rate Since Nov 2019 Update

★★★ Newbie

yes this all happened to me too, my children can't get a quick meal and taking care of my toddlers is like taking care of a pregnant sim in her second trimester!

Message 70 of 100 (936 Views)