Re: [NEEDS INPUT ] Toddlers Needs Decreases at a Rapid Rate Since Nov 2019 Updat

by hexed07

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Needs Decreases at a Rapid Rate Since Nov 2019 Update

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play as a toddler.
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddler needs (bladder, energy and attention) decrease at a 2x rate. You can see double red arrows moving down at a high speed.
What do you expect to see? Toddler needs (bladder, energy and attention) decrease at a 2x rate. You can see double red arrows moving down at a high speed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 2019 patch

Toddler needs (bladder, energy & attention) decrease at a 2x rate. You can see double red arrows moving down at a high speed. Removed all mods and cc. I even did a complete factory reset/start over (new install) and it still was a problem. 

Message 2 of 100 (7,759 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Needs Decreases at a Rapid Rate Since Nov 2019 Update

Hero

An issue introduced with the last patch caused a Toddler's needs to decay twice as fast. And as much fun as toddler motive juggling may be, it made it impossible to care for more than one toddler at a time, and could easily result in the toddler being removed from the household. We have addressed this issue, and returned toddlers to their normal needy selves.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.69

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 97 of 100 (4,601 Views)

All Replies

Re: Parents refuse to put sleepy toddlers to bed

★★★★★ Novice

The needs decay! My toddlers wake up rested around when my child sim goes to school a 8, they have breakfast (twins), and by lunch, they are starving, exhausted, and bottomed out on fun.

Message 1 of 100 (7,739 Views)

Re: Parents refuse to put sleepy toddlers to bed

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. The attention need for my toddlers plummeted after the most recent update and it now stays in the red no matter what I do. The rest of the needs can be taken care of, but then are in red again after a short time. I hope they fix it soon because it makes the game unplayable for me. :/ I dont want the kids being taken away due to low needs because I cant keep up with them. 

Message 3 of 100 (7,664 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT ] Toddlers Needs Decreases at a Rapid Rate Since Nov 2019 Updat

★ Guide

this is the issue I am having- toddler needs are decaying super fast, on normal speed.

Message 4 of 100 (7,618 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes, that is the issue I am having. Thank you for posting a video of it. I was unable to get my video to upload on here. 

Message 5 of 100 (7,591 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Not just toddlers in My game my child sims energy need isnt staying up by the time he gets home from school it is in the red and he had a full night's sleep

Message 6 of 100 (7,577 Views)

★★★★ Novice

same thing is happening to me. It is affecting all of my sims though. very frustrating, the game is no longer playable. And right before a new expansion pack too!

Message 7 of 100 (7,572 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Haven't toddlers' needs always decreased at this high rate? Especially energy - my toddlers never made it through the day.

I started a fresh vanilla game with a child and a toddler to test this. The child's needs decrease at normal speed (one red arrow occasionally).

My toddler has the same rates as shown in the video in this thread. However, needs also increase at the same high tempo. Starting a funny interaction raises attention with triple and fun with quadruple speed. So it's quite easy to refill the bars.

Message 8 of 100 (7,554 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Toddlers Needs Decreases at a Rapid Rate Since Nov 2019 Update

★★★ Novice

Yes having the same Issue...

and i noticed too that none of my children sims can use the fridge for rest-meal or snack

i also deleted all CC and its still there

Message 9 of 100 (7,532 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Toddlers Needs Decreases at a Rapid Rate Since Nov 2019 Update

★★★ Guide

I am having the exact same issues with my toddlers, and the children not being able to "Have a Quick Meal" in the fridge. Yes it's easy to get the needs into the green again, but they're only in the green for a very short amount of time. They only sleep for like a couple of hours at a time because their hunger and bladder needs get in the red too quickly. It definitely started when I DL the Nov 2019 patch. Do we know if anyone is looking into this?

Message 10 of 100 (7,361 Views)