Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Natural born hybrids bug out

by aimalyn

Original Post

★ Novice

From what I've been able to tell from my own experience and what other people have been writing, the main glitchiness stems from the double forms. Aliens, mermaids, and vampires all have two forms that start conflicting with each other. Sure, I can't upgrade my vampire powers on my mermaid/vampire hybrids because the option isn't there but it's not breaking things. Being stuck with no legs because one of them took a bath or went swimming and changed to their non-existant mermaid form is though. Spellcasters, however, don't have a second form and therefore the game doesn't scream in confusion over making an aesthetic/mechanical decision. Haven't had any sims have hybrids with spellcasters yet but I suspect it will be similar to vampires where you can't get into the spells/potion menu and skill tree.

Message 61 of 96 (2,468 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Rooro24 Spellcaster/Vampire hybrids are going to be frigging nuts when they are born in peoples games if not already, as both types have almost identical progression systems. The game will probably get confused as to which powers console to use for these babies. 0_0

Hybrids in general might be slightly more functional if the max 2 forms limit wasn't there. Depending on type they usually end up with 3 forms but only 2 are editable.
Message 62 of 96 (2,545 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Rooro24No, as I said, spellcaster-vampire hybrid is beyond playable despite spellcasters don't have alternate form.

@aidans1985Indeed, that's what I'm talking about from the beginning (in the older thread). Enabling more than 2 forms (it's not a rocket science, really) will solve at least most severe glitches for hybrids.

Message 63 of 96 (2,542 Views)

★★★ Guide
@rostsit Wonder if there is a mod out there that adjusts the max number of forms to allow the occurrence of hybrids more room to... Be Them?
Message 64 of 96 (2,531 Views)

Re: [XB1] Genuine Vampire/Alien Hybrid

★★ Guide

I really love how everyone says it's not possible, yet here we are. I also have 2 Vampire/Alien hybrids and now with the addition of ROM, a Spellcaster/Alien hybrid. None of mine were born of abductions though, they were all results of an occult mother being "old fashioned" with an Alien male. I play on PC and they have the same bugs when you try to CAS with them, so it doesn't really matter how you get them. It would be nice if they would just support it or do it right to get rid of it entirely since so many of us seem to have this across the board. 

Message 65 of 96 (2,508 Views)

Re: [XB1] Genuine Vampire/Alien Hybrid

Hero
@Peapod79 Moved your post over to the PC thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 66 of 96 (2,496 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This just happened to me and it's beyond frustrating. My male vampire sim got abducted and had an alien baby, his third. The baby aged up to toddler and was wearing a weird outfit, so I went to change the outfit, and when I came out of CAS, the game crashed. I reloaded the game and my save was before the baby aged up. 

Again the baby aged to a toddler and again she had a weird outfit. This time, when I came out of CAS, all of the baby's outfits had been changed to the weird ugly alien diaper. I removed my mods and reloaded the game, and the same thing happened. I cheated to full CAS mode, and it again happened. The outfits and blue skin are instead seen in the disguise. There is no human looking disguise and I'm afraid to try to edit it. 

I really wanted to play this baby from birth to death in its alien form, but not if I can't put real clothes on it. I hate those alien clothes. 

This did not happen with the twins that were previously born to this sim, though their disguises were glitched in normal CAS and I had to go to full edit mode to get them to work. 

Message 67 of 96 (2,474 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have a spellcaster/mermaid hybrid that is currently in his mermaid form but because hes a 'spellcaster' i cant edit a mermaid form. its my own fault really, i saw hydration in his needs, was sus given id seen on the forums that we cant have hybrids and sent him swimming. he bugged out then and started swimming through the floor. ive tried taking him to sulani and swimming in the ocean or exercising but hes perpetually stuck in mermaid form. 

hes a 4th gen spellcaster but the first hybrid ive got and when he was born he didnt get the spellcaster crib and this would explain why, coz he was mixed up from the start. 

Message 68 of 96 (2,388 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

The only cure for him is to get rid of mermaid "status" (by eating mermaid kelps 2 times).

Message 69 of 96 (2,382 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Alien Disguise Feature Broken?

★ Apprentice

I only began to have this problem when I made my alien a vampire (by way of cheat codes.)  I guess I will have to change her back because I am tired of having to modify her disguise every time I get back into the game.  She had a baby, and when I grew him up, he is both alien and vampire, so I am having the same issues with him.  No more vampires I guess.

Message 70 of 96 (2,341 Views)