Re: Mermaid/spellcaster hybrid twins glitching

by rostsit

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Natural born hybrids bug out

Hero
@rostsit Mostly because the bug shifted when IL came out and a fresh me too count was needed.

It's not like the other thread is lost.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 96 (1,298 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict Far less efforts is now needed to create a hybrid. Youtube is filled with videos on this topic. So "Me too" count here only shows people who got the hybrids unintentionally, IMO.

Besides, some hybrids have no bugs at all. Alien-Spellcasters works just fine, if I recall.. Why the developers is so stubborn on neglecting hybrids is beyond me...

Message 52 of 96 (1,291 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Alien genetics don't work

★ Guide

Not sure if this is the same issue or a separate one, but I had a mermaid sim get pregnant by alien abduction.

The resulting baby was simultaneously full alien and full mermaid and completely broken.

I kept her because I didn't realise the issue at first, but she only ever had a head in her alien form, until I force aged her to teen and she got a mermaid tail, at which point her alien form had a head, a tail, no torso and she could not be moved out or saved to gallery.

I ended up deleting her and repairing the save in case she broke my game.

Message 53 of 96 (1,284 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've used kelp to stop them being mermaids and they're appearing normally again - I haven't tested turning them back as I'm not fussed about them being mermaids. Thanks for the help!

Message 54 of 96 (1,314 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Alien genetics don't work

Hero
@missdeefying That has more to do with broken hybrids.

I moved your post over to that thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 96 (1,272 Views)

Hero
@thisisvic Are they normal or spellcasters now ? I need to know if they were hybrids before or if something else is going on

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 56 of 96 (1,305 Views)

★★★ Guide
@rostsit She's pretty!!!! ❤❤❤❤
Message 57 of 96 (1,263 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@aidans1985 Thank you Standard smile By the way, because of all the bugs, it's really hard to edit anything in CAS for her. She was naturally born, i.e. completely created by the game, and what you see is her original appearance, even hair Standard smile  I've only added some make-up and changed her clothing, that's all. TS4 sometimes creates amazing sims.

And she is completely playable, she is actually one of my main sims. I just can't use her abilities related to alternate forms, especially Alien disguise, because it converts her original appearance to absolutely random one Frown And now even Dark form changes her face - but only in Dark form itself, the original form is safe, so it's not as bad as with Alien disguise.

Message 58 of 96 (1,243 Views)

★★★ Guide

Most of the hybrids that are born in game are glitchy unfortunately. I think I had ONE that actually functioned with all powers and he was a vampire - alien hybrid with 3 fully editible forms...somehow. His twin brother however was a sad mess stuck in his alien form and a dark form that was the same as alien form and neither could be edited.

Glitchy or not gotta love the hybrid babies😘

Message 59 of 96 (1,233 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

Mermaid-Spellcasters are one of the most buggy ones, and they are sure most glitchy from double-hybrids, to the point of being unplayable. 

Mine didn't show any alter-form in CAS, and after entering and exiting CAS he was always with a tail, in his invisible (in CAS) mermaid form. Watching him walking on the streets using A TAIL was unbearable and I made him eat 2 kelps and he is normal spellcaster now.

Message 60 of 96 (1,212 Views)