Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Natural born hybrids bug out

by rostsit

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Natural born hybrids bug out

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hey I had a CAS created vampire and CAS created mermaid have 4 kids, no multiples. All were hybrids although I've used cheats to make two one or the other as once they became teenagers glitches started happening (mainly legs disappearing, getting stuck in the swimming animation, changing clothes for dark form/mermaid form and then not being able to change into another outfit, and getting stuck hopping around with a tail instead of legs after removing the vampire trait through the in-game cure). I was going to take off both traits on the daughter to make her a spellcaster but also plan to see if this happens naturally again by putting the two teenagers with spellcasters and see what happens with their kids (ones a mermaid-vampire hybrid, the other started as a hybrid, started glitching after using the vampire cure so I used cheats to remove and then reapply the mermaid trait). I'm able to revert the full hybrid back to normal when he shows his dark form, the issue seems to be with the system trying to sort out a mermaid tail. Same thing happened with the vampire-cured hybrid, no legs when he got in the bath but then I was able to give him a tail through CAS (since now he was just a mermaid), but that caused the hopping around on his tail. To note, I only have one piece of custom content (a shelf for placing objects) and this started before I added it to my game.

I think I've attached the right saves, it should be for the Saldana family (Mom (vampire), dad (mermaid), 2 teenage sons, 1 child son, 1 child daughter, 1 cat). One should be before I tried to fix things by doing the factory reset, and the other should be after when I used cheats (factory reset didn't work). I have laundry day, vampires, strangerville, seasons, island living, pets, backyard stuff pack and realm of magic (children were all born before the realm of magic pack was released). Let me know if you need anything else.

Pre Factory Reset: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RP3M7dFm-Az0T4Y8afxF1mX7qQYu2MR2

Post Factory Reset and Cheat Editing: https://drive.google.com/open?id=19xN-Q1KMDPL8_uT59eN-a5YNTUdrYzgF

Message 41 of 96 (12,964 Views)

Mermaid/spellcaster hybrid twins glitching

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, get together, city living, cats and dogs, seasons, get famous, island living; outdoor retreat, spa day, dine out, parenthood, jungle adventure, realm of magic; my first pet, laundry day, toddler, fitness, bowling night, vintage glamour, backyard, kids room, movie hangout, romantic garden, spooky, cool kitchen, perfect patio, luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Spellcaster female sim and mermaid male sim had two children, who aged up to teens then went swimming in the ocean.
What happens when the bug occurs? The male teen appears shirtless and invisible from the waist down. After showering, lower half appears (also unclothed). Female teen is stuck in mermaid form. 'Change Outfit' interaction shows four clickable options, all identical to current state. 'Plan outfit' allows the trying on and setting of outfits, but upon completion there is no change. Subsequent attempts to plan outfits start by showing entirely different sets of outfits, but results are the same.
What do you expect to see? Full, normal sim bodies wearing clothing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have tried to resetsim (no effect). I have also exited and restarted the game - also no effect.

Message 42 of 96 (13,036 Views)

Re: Mermaid/spellcaster hybrid twins glitching

★★★★ Pro

I think this bug is independent from hybrids, it happens with all mermaid teens. Have to tried to create new tails for them in CAS?

Message 43 of 96 (13,028 Views)

★★★ Novice

Create a sim doesn't give me the option, it doesn't seem to recognise that they're mermaids

Message 44 of 96 (13,024 Views)

★★★★ Pro

You mean your mermaids have no second form in CAS? Also not via Manage Worlds or Full Edit Mode?

Message 45 of 96 (12,980 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@thisisvic  I have just tested this issue because I'm currently also playing a family with mermaid-spellcaster parents and 2 mermaid sons (who are still children). I aged one son up with the cake and sent him into the water. Like obviously all male mermaid teens after transformation he showed no tail but was half invisible in the water. However, I could simply send him to CAS via the mirror, select a tail and then everything was fine.

This means that spellcaster-mermaid offspring is not generally unplayable. Problems with hybrids are nevertheless often reported here, so you had perhaps just bad luck.

Can you

- go back some days back in your save and try the transformation again?

- use Kelp to transform your mermaids back to humans and then back to mermaids?

- Did your teens wear club outfits during there birthday? That may cause a lot of harm.

Message 46 of 96 (12,972 Views)

Hero
@thisisvic There actually shouldn't be any hybrids so you might have this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Natural-born-hybrids-bug-out/td-p/7964259/

Are they spellcasters or mermaids in CAS ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 47 of 96 (12,966 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict Does that mean we are not "allowed" to combine two occults? I thought the offspring is either one or the other type ...
Message 48 of 96 (12,952 Views)

Hero
@alanmichael1 Yes, you can combine them and as you say, it's either one or the other but since IL, there seems to be an issue for some (and even before), that they have signs of both and that's not supposed to happen.

So you would have a spellcaster that was also a mermaid which bugs out.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 49 of 96 (12,946 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Natural born hybrids bug out

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I am not sure why the older thread with so many inputs was closed and this one opened. Why to discard all the effort of every player that posted there? Alien abduction is just as natural as everything else that is coded and available in the game with no cheats.

I am really displeased by this actions and strongly oppose them, but I will post here further, because they are not other players' fault in any way.

I know the developers still deny hybrids, but nevertheless EVERY POSSIBLE HYBRID is available in the game with no cheats, even vampire-alien-mermaid-spellcaster. They will be buggy, yes, but they exist. Thus I will further report about the changes.

There are some, actually, after all the latest patches. I have only one playable hybrid in my game, vampire-alien, so other ones can be affected differently. Now, all alternate forms are discarded automatically. She can't enter vampire dark form, there is no such actions on the list, as if the Dark form was deleted. If I enter CAS, the Dark form is automatically created - it has the same clothes, but different skintone, and, more importantly, DIFFERENT FACE. Very weird. After existing CAS I can now freely enter and discard this Dark form.

Regarding Alien disguise, the option is always here. Choosing it will bug my sim out, her real form becomes Alien disguise, and her "alien form" is created anew and this is absolutely random appearance. Furthermore, if Dark form was present, it is destroyed and the option to enter it vanishes as well.

My sim is looking with a hope at you, developers, don't make her upset Frown :D

Anaiya.jpg

Message 50 of 96 (12,917 Views)