[FIXED] Nanocan not giving simoleans

by Avrisk

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Nanocan not giving simoleans

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue.  If my sims throw away trash then the Nanocan pays out some simoleans but if I manually drag something to the bin then it doesn't pay out.  I don't have the new Eco game pack so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Message 41 of 63 (1,374 Views)

★★★ Novice

Bump. Will probably be fixed in the next patch but for now it's just a small annoyance... Disappointed

Message 42 of 63 (1,170 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My Sim's inventory almost solely consists of dirty plates I'm waiting for the eventual fix to throw away.  It's kinda gross, lol!  But I don't want to let those sweet simoleons go to waste!

Message 43 of 63 (1,109 Views)

★ Apprentice

would like to mention that the July 8th patch didn't fix this. rip I thought they would

Message 44 of 63 (1,053 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So are we going to get an answer? It has been over a month and no reply from EA.

Message 45 of 63 (1,017 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Just a heads up for everyone. I recently  read in this online article  that plates and cups will be used for bits and pieces  if you have the Sims 4 Echo living expansion.https://screenrant.com/the-sims-4-eco-lifestyle-fabrication-skill/ is where I got my information  from. Whether that means you no longer get cash from the plates and cups or other rotten items I do not know. Also I can confirm  you do get power from sim cleaning food from plate and garbage thrown away in Nanocan. I clicked mail box and noticed I had a positive power amount from recycling  with Nanocan. 

Message 46 of 63 (959 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It was the patch that re-worked the utilities that broke it. If you don't have Eco living, the tuning metric's for the nanocan can are still the old code for the original utilities system. The other thing that your missing is the tuning to add power to a household,  which is broken as well (more like deliberately crippled.)

Message 47 of 63 (872 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So there's a work around.  Someone (sorry I don't remember who or where I saw this) said that if the sims themselves put the plate in the nanocan it gives simoleons, and it does!  So, now I have to lock all of the bathroom doors so they can't get to the sinks to wash the dishes, and put one plate down at a time for them to bin so they get the maximum cash.  A little cheat too - if you cancel the action after they pick up a plate but before they get to the bin they drop a pile of rubbish that can be sifted through for parts before you then ask them to clean up the pile.  So simoleons AND bonus kitchen/bathroom upgrade parts!  :-)

Message 48 of 63 (837 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think it might have something to do with the Eco Living patch? I wasn't sure if it was intentional or not because I don't recall them mentioning it in the patch notes. I came here to see if others had the same issue. Apparently they do. I thought it had something to do with producing your own power and water though, so it's interesting to hear that someone without solar panels has this problem.

Message 49 of 63 (805 Views)

★★★ Novice

At the moment it doesn't really seem like we will. Seems like everyone is having this issue, but there's no response from the team.

Message 50 of 63 (806 Views)