Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Nanocan not giving simoleans

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but a few stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to put something in the Nanocan Touchless Trash Can
What happens when the bug occurs? You no longer get any Simoleans by throwing things away.
What do you expect to see? 10 simoleans per household member for each item disposed of.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch on June 3rd.

Pretty straight forward, just wondering if my game is bugged or if this is now intentional. Thanks!

I've restarted the game and made sure the lot was still set to residential. Of note is that this worked last night.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 63 (16,450 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Nanocan not giving simoleans

Hero

The NanoCan Touchless Trash Can has been recalled and fixed so now all your trash can be cash in a flash.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 63 of 63 (5,115 Views)

All Replies

Re: Nanocan not giving simoleans

★★★★ Pro

I can confirm that after today's update (PC: 1.63.133.1020) I'm seeing the new thing; this was with a newly purchased nano trashcan. No mods/cc in my game. 

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 2 of 63 (16,330 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Nanocan not giving simoleans

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Same here, no Simoleans given when throwing things away. I use this trash can in every house I play and it is no longer working after the update. 

Update to my reply,  When my sim threw something away it gave simoleans but if you drag items to it, it no longer gives simoleans. I hope this is a glitch and not something permanent. 

Message 3 of 63 (16,267 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same issue on my end. I deleted my trash can and purchased a new one...still not working. 

Message 4 of 63 (16,149 Views)

trash can

★★★ Newbie

Is anybody else having issues with the Nanocan Touchless Trash Can (money making trash can)? Since the update, mine isn't earning my household money. Not good when it is a key source of income in challenges. lol

Message 5 of 63 (14,518 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I tried the same. Bought another Nanocan Touchless Trash Can.No cash from dragging plates or garbage to Nanocan Touchless Trash Can. Only thing I did notice if a sim clean' s up dirty plate or plates.You do seem to get 10 money from the left over food scraped into Nanocan Trash Can as well as trash from a High-End Robot Vacuum.

Message 6 of 63 (15,967 Views)

Re: trash can

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@SIMplysweet1990 

It appears it no longer earns money.

Edit. It earns money when a SIM uses it but not when you drag something to it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 63 (14,497 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I can confirm today that the Nanocan does not give simoleans anymore. 

Just had a house party and was manually putting plates in there and noticed I was no longer getting money. I do not see anywhere on the patch notes if this was intentional or not.

Message 8 of 63 (15,938 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I can confirm that after yesterday’s update, the Nanocan no longer gives simoleans. If my sims throw something away themselves, it gives simoleans. But it no longer gives simoleans if I do it myself. 

ETA: I don’t use mods or cc. 

Message 9 of 63 (15,922 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I noticed this bug last night and was coming here to figure out what the heck is going on. I feel like a J.G. Wentworth commercial "its my simoleons and I want them now" lol. 

Message 10 of 63 (15,911 Views)