[FIXED] Names vanishing from tombstone

by simonevans1963

Original Post

Re: Names vanishing from tombstone

★★★ Newbie

My dead Sim also disappeared. She died before the ghost patch, and haunted us for several nights after the ghost patch. Then I noticed she hadn't haunted us in a while, and saw that her name was gone from the tombstone. She's also gone from my Sims' relationship listing.

Message 11 of 39 (4,899 Views)

★★★ Novice

My Sims died after the patch with ghosts and two days later they became nameless graves

Message 12 of 39 (4,892 Views)

My sims gravestones are going blank

★ Novice

My dead sims used to haunt the house at night and interact with my other sims and objects around the house which i thought was awesome, but suddenly they stoped appearing at night and when i looked at their gravestones their name just showed ______  They also disappeared from all my sims releationship panels even though most of my sims were maxed out with the dead sims. Anyone else have this problem or a way to get them back?

Message 13 of 39 (4,892 Views)

★★ Novice
I had the same issue, 3 sims had past away and it showed their name and the ability to write an epitaph and morn, A ghost did emerge but when I came back to play all links to the dead sims were gone. Just nameless tomb stones.
Message 14 of 39 (4,884 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue, i was wanting to do a family cemetery as well and have their ghosts haunt the house at night.

Message 15 of 39 (4,870 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Ghost patch problems

★★★ Novice

I had about three Sims who died before the patch came out. After, the patch, the sims came back as ghosts. After a few sim weeks however, the ghosts would no longer appear and the only option available on the tombstone was to destroy or put in inventory. Also, the names of the sims no longer appear on the tombstones and the dead sims are no longer in any of my living sims' relationship panel.

Message 16 of 39 (4,808 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Ghost patch problems

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem. It's like the game forgets the sim entirely after a few plays. Their name no longer comes up, it's like this: "Rip: _____" And I can only destroy or inventory.

Also, my sim - even though she married in and never knew Alexander Goth, the person who died ages ago and is the only working tombstone - continiously stops activities to go and mourn. It's really frustrating.. She'll be cooking dinner and stop several times to go and mourn. I have to cancel the interaction and resume dinner. It got so bad that I had to just remove the tombstone entirely.

On another note, a problem that started occurring after the patch, is that some options now only come up as numbers. Numbers and stars come up instead of options like "repair" when something breaks. I haven't seen anyone else having this problem....

I had the no relationship decay mod prior to updating, but the creator has confirmed that it does not conflict with the update. 

Any help would be much appreciated! I liked the idea of keeping the tombstones because it was the only way of remembering generations since the family tree was axed. (to my utter dismay.)

Edit: Mentioning mod.

Message 17 of 39 (4,799 Views)

Sims 4 Disappearing dead

★★★ Novice

I had two dead sims who died by old age before the october ghost update, and they completely vanished, their grave/urn was left, and all it said ________ and the inscription I wrote... and the only options where to Destroy the graves or place inventory. and the dead disappeared from the relelationship panel. Their is no way to get back my Artist and my Chef back!  Confusedmileysad:

Message 18 of 39 (4,747 Views)

Lost Interactions With Tombstone

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone else was having a similar issue.  After having an npc die on my lot of old age (overextertion), I placed his tombstone behind the house.  I waited a few days (gametime) and no ghost appeared.  Everyday I clicked on the tombstone and had three options: Mourn, Engrave, or Release to Netherworld (I did not select any of them).  One day, when I clicked on the tombstone, the only option was to "Destroy."  Since then, I have only had the option to destroy the tombstone.  While the tombstone still has the name of the deceased sim on it, I was wondering if it will permanently restrict the tombstone from spawning a ghost?

Thanks in advance for any assistance in answering this question!

Message 19 of 39 (4,759 Views)

Re: Lost Interactions With Tombstone

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

UPDATE:

The tombstone no longer has the npc's name on it and is now essentially an unmarked tombstone.  Its only interaction is still to "Destroy."  After doing some research, I found that this problem may be due to a population cap on the game, where if the sims population goes above the cap, unplayed sims get removed from the world.  Unfortunately as ghosts initially are unplayable npcs, I believe this is what has been happening. 

Important Note:

I updated my game with the October 21st patch and this is still a problem.  I'm unsure if they fixed the population cap, but lost ghost sims have not returned, so I'm guessing it's still a problem that needs to be addressed.  However, after the death of another one of my sims, interactions have remained, even after the "culling" Thursday morning rolled past, thus suggesting that ghosts created AFTER the update will no longer be removed from gameplay.

Message 20 of 39 (4,683 Views)