Re: [OPEN] Nails partially paint clothing

by t00sa

Original Post

★★ Novice

Also encountering this with my toddler and a dress from Seasons. 

Message 11 of 27 (1,759 Views)

★ Novice

Having this same issue with the same dress, it's a problem for every color of both nails and dress, don't have any CC or Mods installed either

Message 12 of 27 (1,713 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you all for posting. I have not come across this issue so I'm wondering if this has to do with some of the CAS items and some of the nails. In any case, please encourage other players to submit any screenshots if they notice this issue. On my end, if I remember I want to see if I will come across the same issue later.

Message 13 of 27 (1,690 Views)

★ Guide

Same issue, different cloth. The kimono from snowy escape does the same thing.

Message 14 of 27 (1,652 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I was only able to test this base game jacket, pics below. Most of the other tops do not have this problem (I am only checking the base game with Spa Day at the moment). On all swatches of this jacket, only 3 of the nails did not have their swatches appear on the side of my sim. Those 3 nails were all from the Spa Day pack. In any case, players may have to resort to either not using the nails for the time being or they may have to find other CAS items that don't show the swatch panel on the side.

Edit: In the same vein of things, I'd like to add that the hot dog costume is also a little wonky as far as the nails are concerned. So if anyone likes to use that costume, all the nails appear on the gloves, some showing their swatch color on the gloves.

Message 15 of 27 (1,630 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

I also have this problem and with mods disabled. When I was looking into this bug, I experimented with bracelets. I found that the Realm of Magic bracelet paints on some of the new fingernails.

I wasn't sure to reply to this thread or to create a new post, but the topic is somewhat similar.

09-10-21.png

09-10-21_(1).png

Message 16 of 27 (1,583 Views)

★★ Apprentice

On the topic of the nails affecting realm of magic clothes; I noticed all four base game nails bleed onto the inside of the full-body jacket that Morgyn wears.

On the topic of the realm of magic bracelet; the bracelet texture also bleeds onto their jacket, but not onto any of the base game nails (i do not own spa-day).

Message 17 of 27 (1,473 Views)

★ Novice

I think it just depends on individual games because my kimonos from snowy escape don’t bleed into the clothes. From what I’ve seen, it only happened on my dress from Get Famous (the strapless one with the slit on the front of the leg that looks like Jessica Rabbit.) It also only happens with certain nails I noticed. I’ll test others, but I think it’s the nails and peoples games

The nails with designs and my coffin shape nails. So both nails in the second, third, fifth, sixth and then the first from fourth, and seventh.

Message 18 of 27 (1,419 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Clips with one seasons dress. Tested on mod/CC free save.

Message 19 of 27 (1,292 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I am seeing this too.  It only affects certain pieces of clothing, but from multiple packs.  I'm a CG artist (rigger), and it looks like an issue with the UVs.

Message 20 of 27 (1,216 Views)